6: Custodial Arts and Lunch Drama

Soon after the virgin fiasco, the janitor, Carl, rolls in with his cleaning cart

Soon after the virgin fiasco, the janitor, Carl, rolls in with his cleaning cart. He goes into the foreign languages room, and empties the trash bin from the room into his own bigger trash bin. He notices Brian and smiles.

"Brian, how you doing?" he asks.

Bender turns to Brian. "Your dad work here?"

Brian looks utterly embarrassed.

"Uh, Carl?" Bender says.

"What?'

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"How does one become a janitor?"

"You wanna be a janitor?" Carl asks, completely bewildered.

"No, I just wanna know how one becomes a janitor, because Andrew here is very interested in pursuing a career in the custodial arts." Andrew shoots Bender a glare.

"Oh really?" Whatever Carl's about to say, it'll shut these self entitled pricks right up.

"You guys think I'm just some untouchable peasant? Peon? Huh? Maybe so, but following a broom after shitheads like you for the past eight years, I've learned a couple things. I look through your letters, I look through your lockers. I listen to your conversations, you don't know that, but I do. I am the eyes and ears of this institution, my friends!" He's about to leave, but he checks the clock on the wall, then his own watch. "By the way, that clock's twenty minutes fast." He leaves.

Everybody but Bender groans.
-------------------------------------------
Soon after Carl leaves, Bender, with his scarf tied around his head, starts whistling a marching tune that I recognize, but can't name.

Eventually, Brian joins in, followed by Andrew, Claire, and even the goth girl and myself.

Vernon ends the fun by swaggering his stupid ass walk back into the library. Everyone stops whistling except Bender. He starts whistling Beethoven's 5th.

"Alright, girls, that's thirty minutes for lunch."

"Here?" Andrew asks.

"Here."

"Well, I think the cafeteria would be a more suitable place for us to eat lunch in, sir," Andrew protests.

"Well I don't care what you think, Andrew," Vernon snaps.

Bender pipes up. "Uh, Dick? Excuse me...Rich? Will milk be made available to us?"

Andrew joins in. "We're extremely thirsty sir."

"I have a very low tolerance for dehydration," Claire states.