positive development therapy

Hey guys. I want to try something. And this is important.

See, I took a look back at my earlier life and compared/contrasted the results of how I was treated on a consistent basis and in doing so, I came up with something I'd very much like to promote and inspire.

Now, now. This may seem like a simple minded concept but I'd like to go into detail. It's well lmown that having positive feedback can make you happy, in many cases. But what I want to do, is use such positive feedback to work in a therapeutic way. And yes, I call it "positive development therapy."

So what would that be, exactly? Well for starters, when looking back at my childhood, I identified how good it felt when people complimented my abilities in walking (as I am disabled, so I have difficulties walking). These comments were occasional, but the had an overall positive effect on my mentality.

But when I was living with my mother, she had been abusive and neglectful in many ways, which had a counterproductive effect towards my mental health. But most importantly, I  started to wonder, how you things have been, growing up, if I had a physical therapist? Surely I'd have been motivated to prosper, in a way that would help my overall self worth, develop accordingly.

I want to apply this strategy towards helping people through depression. And I want you guys to help. When seeing someone going through tough times, identify sometimes they do consistently and as they do so, give them consistent, positive, motivational feedback. As a result, they should gradually develop a more positive perspective of themselves.

So, this being said, please do try this. And thank you all.