Part 1

Harry let out a "humph" as he set down the heaviest box yet. It mostly contained shoes and books; other odds and ends that Anna had packed up from her old room. His face was red and his hair was slicked back with sweat near the roots. The sun was out and her new little studio apartment was on the second floor, meaning lots of extra work for Harry who was there helping her out.

He flopped down onto the Ikea couch, which Anna had assembled while he continued to bring boxes and furniture in from the heat outside. She let out a small giggle as she continued sorting through various T-shirts and arranging them in drawers.

"You alright there, Styles?"

He ran his hands down over his face and let out another sigh as they hit the couch. "Yeah, yeah. Never knew how much junk you owned."

"Hey! It's definitely not junk! I just have a lot of things, ok? I didn't want to leave anything back home that I might need up here."

He flashed her a smile and a shrug as she continued going about her task. The place was starting to come together rather nicely. It was a smallish room, but bigger than most freshman dorms and it had a little kitchenette, so she could cook on occasion. In one corner was a couch and a recliner, and in the opposite corner was her bed. The walls were still bare, as all her decorations were still hiding inside of the boxes.

Harry looked at his watch and saw that it was getting close to dinner time. Taking in his surroundings, he knew that there was no way they would be finished unpacking her things tonight.

"Hey, what do you think about going out tonight? I think they're putting together a small thing at the house later. We could grab dinner and then head over, yeah?"

Anna mulled it over. At her old school, she wasn't much for partying. She didn't know anyone when she got there, and she didn't make very many friends along the way. That was part of why she was so excited to transfer back to an in-state school, because Harry would be there. Well that and tuition money. But when it came down to it, it was mostly because of Harry.

"Sure, why not," she shrugged. If the whole point of transferring schools was to be near Harry, then she might as well be near Harry.

He moved across the room and flopped down on top of her neatly made bed. They both knew it wouldn't stay that way for long, but Anna figured she might as well start out with it looking decent. He hummed a tune under his breath that she couldn't quite register, but it was nice. And as Anna finished folding up the last of her shirts, she joined him on the bed.

With her head on his chest and his fingers in her hair they laid there, silent except for his continued humming. She still didn't recognize it, must be one of his newer songs that she hadn't heard quite yet. It was nice and relaxing. His hands worked through her hair slowly, scratching at her scalp slightly the way that he knew she liked. This was good. This was them. Cuddling together between doing chores had been their routine on the weekends for most of high school, but when they went away to different colleges, the routine had lapsed. Holding her in his arms, on his chest, it felt nice. It felt right, to Harry. It felt like every muscle in his body could finally relax.

Well, not every muscle. A moment later his stomach rumbled loudly beneath her ears, and she sat up giggling. Harry pouted at the lack of touch, but Anna didn't seem to notice.

"Hungry, Styles?"

"Yeah, how did you know?"

She gave him a little shove on the arm before getting off the bed and walking over to her dresser and closet. Most of her clothes had been unpacked already. It kept her busy in the air conditioning while Harry did all the heavy lifting outside in the heat. He came up behind her, wrapping his arms around her neck and giving a small kiss to the top of her head.