Chapter 7

Daniel's POV

It was something around 9 AM when I woke up from the sleep. I didn't exactly remember when I fell asleep but my guess it was something around 2 or 3 AM when Johnny passed out. I slept on the couch in my living room and surprisingly it was quite comfortable, my back wasn't killing me. I rolled on side and laid there for a bit trying to listen if Johnny woke up already or not, I didn't want to wake up her, not after the night.

I sighed a little when I remembered what happened in the night yesterday, well today too. Firstly Johnny was acting quite weird since the morning in Spa after the race, like she was tired or too stressed. I didn't know at all what was happening to her and how she started to be like that - it was quite worrying I must admit and I didn't want her to be like this. She was my car engineer, basically one of the most important people contributing to my performance in the race and overall, and she was also my friend and a crush that I didn't want to admit, whoops. I didn't want anyone to feel like this.

And if that situation wasn't already quite worrying and strange, yesterday had happened. I wasn't really expecting her to ask me if she could stay with me since she didn't seem like someone who wanted to be close with people, but once she replied to my message that she would tell me later what happened, I knew something had happened and probably it wasn't good. And then I saw her at the airport and pretty much I was sure then about it. I didn't think I had ever seen anyone in that state as she was then. She was looking almost like dead. She was looking so totally tired, wrecked, pale and dirty and weak. Hell, she was barely walking. I could give 10 bucks on that she hadn't eaten anything for the whole day.

And if it wasn't enough, then I noticed her reaction to touching her back. I knew something had happened to it but I hadn't known yet what it was. And well, once I saw, I was truly shocked. Her back was full of smaller or bigger cuts with glass pieces in it. It looked like it was bleeding but stopped earlier. I really didn't know why she had her back in that state and who did it to her and when, I really wanted answers and to at least know anything what happened. Hopefully maybe I would be given them soon today when she woke up and ate. It just looked so bad and she didn't look like anyone who would make any problems to others. I was truly confused and worried about her.

I decided to quietly get up from my 'bed' and make a breakfast for me and for her whenever she would wake up. Hopefully today I had totally a day off so I didn't need to do the standard exercisers and meet up with my physio - I would have then more time for myself and I wouldn't disturb her with a lot moving and talking. I got up and quietly stretched my body. I yawned a bit and straightened my pijamas (aka a T-shirt and pair of boxers) coz my T-shirt rolled up a bit and I didn't want to flash Johnny with my body even though probably she would enjoy it.

I walked silently to the kitchen, walking next to the bedroom and looking through slightly opened doors. As I saw there, she was still sleeping on her side with her hair all over the pillow. She was peacefully sleeping and looked already a bit better than earlier, her face was slightly happier or maybe relieved even tho she was in deep slumber. I heard her sighing and probably stretching her bones, but not waking up completely. She was looking quite cute like that. Oh god, I was supposed to make breakfast and not look at her, shut up brain.

I didn't exactly know what she liked to eat, so I made cereals for both of us, but for myself müsli cause of the diet and blablabla. I poured cereals to her bowl and left the bowl in the kitchen waiting for her and I came back to the living room to eat my food. I switched on the tv and turned it down a little not to wake up the sleeping woman next door and scrolled through random channels.

When I finished eating and was about to carry the empty bowl to the kitchen, I was greeted by a small shy hi from Johnny who apparently just got up. She waved at me shyly as I greeted her and showed her her breakfast. She thanked me quietly and walked to the living room with bowl. She was in her pijamas and had a really wild morning hair, hopefully she looked way more healthier and alive than few hours before but still she looked tired a little.