1: Black Swirling Smoke

The town of Iris, laid on the sandy coast. There was always dark clouds laying in the sky, almost ready to drop the rain of hell. The closest residence near Iris was a farm, forty eight miles to the west. Large hills and cliffs were overlooking the east. The west was flat just as a teenage girls chest. 

Only sand dunes laid on the west. Not large enough for caution, just enjoyable enough for tiny kids to play in. But the east was the dark sea. It was usually never wild to drown anyone for a peculiar reason, but the north...Well Sawyer wasn't allowed anywhere near the north.

"Sawyer, why are you still at school." Mr. Jackie cleared off the chalkboard while staring curiously at young Sawyer. "What's on your mind?"

Being the last student in the classroom Sawyer knew he and Jacki could talk. "The clouds are darker than usual. Don't you think?"

Jacki raised an eyebrow to look at the doom and gloom,"rain probably." He clapped his hands together to release white puffs of dust. "You better head out, Swayer. If the rain gets you...you know what'll happen."

Swayer nodded as he gathered all his stuff from his desk.

Bam!

The classroom door slung open to revile a harden stiff face. Jenny's dirty blonde bangs hid her dark brown eyes. She placed a hand on her hip. "Sawyer, it's gonna rain. Let's go!" Jenny waited at the door frame tapping her fingers on the knob in a rhythm.

Sawyer grinned slightly as his face heated up. "Coming Jenny." He gave one last happy glance to Jackie before leaving the room.

"You want to hang around the cliff? And you know, do things." Jenny flashed an deceiving innocent smile.

Swayer froze. "The air is weird."

The sky seemed it was at night.

Jenny ignored Swayer's ranting. "Sawyer, is your momma home!" Jenny held tightly to Sawyer's upper arm as they crossed the cross walk. "I need to ask her if she has any ointment for my...Swayer! Are you listening?"

"Mmhmm." Sawyer nodded as he dazed off into the clearing. He couldn't focus on Jenny, no matter what she said or done. She could've done a strip tease with Lace and he wouldn't even blinked an eye.

Jenny was the type of girl who needed full attention. Maybe Jenny had telepathy, or just plain old eyes, but Jenny could tell Sawyer wasn't listening. "How bout I go hook up with your dad, then start a fire...oh and maybe after all this I will go smoke drugs, or..."

"Jenny, this is not a musical! Look." This was one of the only times Swayer raised his voice. "Just look at the sky! It's not our sky!"

A dark cloud swirled in the sky, creating a dark shadow over the town. It smelt as plastic was being burnt. It was being spread like butter on all of the buildings. Both of their noses bled slightly from the smell.

"It stinks, bad." Swayer took a breath through his mouth.

"Not to bad. Maybe just cow shit, and up there...it's just a dark cloud." Jenny shrugged, "as I was saying..."

"Jenny!" He hollered annoyed, "thats pollution."

Jenny rolled her eye, "still on this!"
She shook her head. "No, this isn't pollution. We don't have a factories. Chief would never let that happen."

"What about the *hagglers. They were building something on Cider Peak." Sawyer snarled disgusted, "why can't they stay on their on turf."

————
*Haggler is the term used for pure blood humans. It is used in a negative manner.
————

She gave out a unconvinced snort, before speaking. "Most humans  don't understand what we are, Swayer, they don't know who we are." Jenny took his hand before placing a peck on his cheek. "Don't go too deep into little things."

A loud whistle broke their conversation.

"Love birds...your not doing any puffer fishing, right?" Carl exited the "Sea Radio" with a tootsie pop. "Watcha' looking at."

Jenny pointed to the sky.

Carl wrinkled his nose, "What the hell is that."

"Rain." Jenny answered.

"I gotta go." Sawyer drifted from Jenny's grip before running off to direction of the Seat Bakery.

"Why is he acting all strange, so tense." Carl asked Jenny.

She looked blankly at the boy she loved and only could give Carl shrug as a response.
*_______

"Hey mom, did dad ever act strange?"
Jenny picked at her dinner, she swirled the broccoli in every direction on her plate.

"Strange." Cindy looked up from her plate to her daughter. "In what ways?"

"Cold, stiff, uncaring." Jenny flashed back to the memories earlier that day. She decided to rip off the bandaid. "Sawyer, isn't himself."

Cindy couldn't help but smile, "oh honey." Cindy laughed, "he probably has something on his mind."

Jenny pouted uncaringly. She couldn't understand why she wasn't the only thing on his mind. "Yah maybe, but I never seen him so...un-warmed. Also mom...when Sawyer and I were on the hill above the cave...we seen smoke."

"Smoke." Cindy blinked. "Like cigarette smoke."

"No factory smoke. Near where the *Settlers began building."

————
*Settler is the term to describe pure humans.
————
"There was Black swirling smoke."

_______*

"Dad, what was it?" Sawyer gripped his fork. He chewed on the shrimp in his mouth. "What was the smoke!?"

Chief Peter smiled down at his child. "Son, your fourteen. You shouldn't worry about this." He waited for his wife to join the table. "Hurry up and eat. It's almost time for bed."

Swayer chewed the bones with ease. His strong canine teeth could break any hard material. "I want to know what the smoke was." He stood up with a loud voice and pounded his chest, "I'm the next chief, I need to learn about this stuff." Sawyer relaxed in his chair with a pout.

"We agreed once you enter mating period." He patted his son on the back before placing a kiss on his head. "I will teach you."

"Sawyer, has a mate already papa." Connie joined the conversation. He always liked to force himself into a conversation. Being only twelve he looked up to his older brother.

"Nope." Diana entered the room with a stern look. "Neither of my boys are getting a mate. They'll be my babies forever."

"Mooom!" Connie giggled as he ate his food.

Diana stared at her two sons before snapping her fingers, as she looked up at the clock. "Wow, it's definitely bed time, its late."

Swayer rolled his eyes as he pushed out of his chair. "Your going to tell me one way or another. After those words he strutted up the stairs.

"What was that about?" She laughed as she picked up the plates, "their getting so old."

"Babe..."

Diana gasped as she felt a tight grip on her upper hip. She felt Peter wrap his muscular arms around her frail body. His hot breaths on her neck brought tingles all the way to her secret areas. "Ah." She let out a soft moan.

"Babe." Peter repeat himself, "something bad is happening."

Then Diana's heart dropped.