Chapter 25

Their dance routine is in the video above. Enjoy!
____________

Bella

And the curtains finally open. We stand there together, looking into eachother eyes, connecting our souls. This is our moment, not just a dance.

I turn around and lean my back against his arm, slowly gliding down his body. The music starts playing.

Something always brings me back to you...

I have never felt the words cut so deep into my soul as they do now.

He turns me around into a hug and I try to escape his arms only to be drawn back to him. Our bodies search for eachother as he places a kiss on the top of my head.

A baby.. that's all I can think about while Alex lifts me from the floor and I arch my back, extending one leg into the air.

You hold me without touch...

The song goes on as I am laying on the floor and slowly climbing on his standing body, like he is my only salvation.

Our baby... Alex looks like he is in a trance, caressing my body and suporting my every move. Our dance continues as I continue to run away from him only to return over and over again.  Complete silence captures the room as the audience is transported into our story, studying each move we make.

You're keeping me dooowwn....

The voice sings while Alex lowers my body to the floor and then picks me up in his warm embrace.

Our dance ends with both of us laying on the floor, next to eachother but on oposite ends, pretty much as our last couple of years have been.

While I recover from the wave of feelings that our dance stirred inside my soul, I can see Alex's hand reaching for me to get up. Tears are running down my cheeks from all the emotions that have pilled up in my heart today. Everybody is cheering and applauding us, the entire auditorium is standing up. They loved it. They loved us.

As I look back to Alex, I see him standing on one knee, in front of hundreds of people.

'Sirena, our love is just like this song, like our dance, but I wouldn't have it any other way. You are wise, yet childish, scared yet the bravest person I've ever met, fierce yet gentle. I ran away only to return to you and you have fought your inner fears to allow me to become a part of your life again, to let me love you. I have loved you ever since I could pronounce your name and I want to continue to love you until the waves wash away our existence.'

He pauses for a long moment, containing his emotions, but I can't contain mine. I sob like a little girl, completely taken away by his actions.

'My Sirena, will you do me the honour of spending the rest of your life with me? Will you be my wife? Forever?'

I look at the balcony where our parents should be, but they are not there anymore. I quickly glance for them and see our mothers crying behind the curtains, backstage.

'Sirena?' Alex is getting more and more nervous at the absence of any answer from me.

I look at him and I realize he is my soulmate. This is the man that will break my heart when he will leave this earth but I wouldn't have it any other way. I will gladly accept my death if this means having spent a happy life with him.

'Yes, my cricket. I will marry you.' I tell him as he slips the turquoise engagement ring on my finger and jumps to kiss me.

This is my life now. He is my life. Him and the baby that we are expecting.

He lifts me up in his arms, spinning me around and laughing with joy. All the people applaud us and cheer congratulations in the air. It is the most magical moment I have ever lived and it's all due to this man that was put in this world especially for me.

Or maybe I was created just for him. It really doesn't matter. All that matters is that we are together.

We both go backstage where we are met by the tears of happiness of our mothers and the proud smiles of our fathers. Even Theo is smilling while he nods his head in approval.

My father wraps his arms around my mather and whispers to her: 'Thank you, little dove. Not only did you do the impossible and gave me two wonderful children, but you also brought so much happiness and light into my life. You've taken a heartless vampire and turned him into a man and a father.'  And then he kisses her sweetly.

I look at them with adoration. They are my idols. I wish to become like them. I wish to be like my mother, strong and passionate, a perfect wife and a wonderful mother.

They all jump on us, hugging and kissing us. There is so much love in this moment. I look at my fiance and feel overwhelmed by everything happening.

'I will go to the changing room, if you don't mind. I need to calm myself a little and get out of this clothes.' I tell him and I give him a small kiss on the lips.

'I'll be with you in a minute.' He kisses my hair and I leave.

As I enter the changing room I hear movements from behind me.

'You bitch. You killed him. Now you're gonna die!!!'

Before I can even process what's happening, I turn around and see Sara launching herself at me with a knife in her hand, sticking it into my abdomen. Then, she runs away, leaving me there.

Alex comes into the changing room a few moments later and finds me laying on the floor, heavily bleeding, barely conscious.

'Sara...' I manage to tell him before darkness takes over me.

_________

Don't be a silent reader. Comment and vote. I would love to hear your opinion on the characters so far.

Lots of love ❤❤