Thallasophilia, Longing, Cold

-The song above can be played for more effect.

A soft breeze.

It was enough to conjure tiny goosebumps upon his delicate skin, but it didn't halt him from admiring the soft, moist sand between his toes; the once aggressive seagulls who were peacefully observing the shallows for something to feast on; the calm, baby blue sky that practically blended in with the mirroring sea; and finally, the sea herself, with her smooth waves, her gentle, but fierce nature, and the beauty she held within- a whole world of sea life and mystery.

The boy's fluffy rose hair contrasted the skies in some way, almost as if it were an artistic intention by God himself. His striped sweater paws, propped to gently squish his mochi-like cheeks, gave a whole new type of comfort that made it so he wouldn't move an inch from his spot to stop gazing and falling in love all over again with the surrounding allure.

His crescent moon like eyes squinted when he geniunely beamed from time to time just because of the euphoria everything about the sea was bringing him.

The waves clashed against his now cold toes sometimes, but the feeling grief and longing washed over and overwhelmed the relaxing aura of the sea.

"I miss you- he uttered- How many nights till we meet again?". The boy kept speaking to no one louder and louder, as if 'he' was listening.

He gently pulled out a polaroid photo of a guy his age that was putting on display his sweet gummy smile while sluggishly hooking his arm around the cotton pink boy's neck.

"If only i could erase you, since it hurts less than to blame you..." he breathed out, chuckling lifelessly. He knew he couldn't let go,  not yet at least, so why lie?...

Only the beginning of August, a warm breeze with lukewarm sand and sunshine, yet their picture, the past and present and merely uttering "i miss you" made it feel like winter inside him.

Yes, he loved the sea and it gave him the warmest senses, but the grief over the other's presence overpowered with its winter- but it was oh so delicate, with snowflakes the boy wished to be; just so he could reach him faster.