Writing Tips

As I have seen, a lot of new stories have a few problems. This is to help with that, so here it goes.

1. Don't use text talk.

I have seen some people actually do this. Leave that for chatting and the phone. People want to read a story, but they don't want "Sooo 1 day, i was like, u no wat? im not gona do anything! Yay me!"

2. Make paragraphs and separate when people are talking.

Okay, what I mean is like don't do this (This story is from Quizilla, The link is on the side, it's a Gaara love story, I put the info for the link. This is from Part one. I also don't own it, it is naruangirl16's story):

Your seven your old body smiled happily as you ran to the park in hopes of swinging. When you got there you hadn't even noticed a boy there until your hand was already on the swing next to yours. You looked at him. He was looking down with a very displease look on his face and a teddy bear in his arms. You got in front of him and looked at him some more. Now the boy was looking up at you with even more sorrow. You smiled: "Hello"  the boy didn't say anything but now his look was one of shock. "Hey, I'm talking to you, ya know?" The boy spoke: "Why?" his voice was timid. You smiled more: "Why wouldn't I be?" The boy looked down: "Because you're afraid of me…" You: "I'm not afraid of you. Why would I be afraid of you?" The boy: "Because I'm a monster…" You poked him in the forehead: "You don't look like a monster to me?" The boy was shocked even more at this point: "Y-You mean you're not afraid of me?" You shook your head: "I thought I already went over this, but no I'm afraid of you, quite actually I'm the opposite. What your name?" The boy: "Sabaku no Gaara" You: "Well I'm Otama Kisune, and Gaara, I want you to my friend!" Gaara was surprised by this: "Y-You really want to be my friend" You nodded: "There's not a doubt in my mind"Gaara looked down again: "I've never had a friend before…"You: "Me neither, but I want you to be first" Gaara smiled slightly and nodded and smiled also and got the swing next to him you both started to swing together.

That's hard to read right? This is how it should be:

Your seven your old body smiled happily as you ran to the park in hopes of swinging. When you got there you hadn't even noticed a boy there until your hand was already on the swing next to yours. You looked at him. He was looking down with a very displease look on his face and a teddy bear in his arms. You got in front of him and looked at him some more. Now the boy was looking up at you with even more sorrow.

You smiled: "Hello" the boy didn't say anything but now his look was one of shock. "Hey, I'm talking to you, ya know?"

The boy spoke: "Why?" his voice was timid.

You smiled more: "Why wouldn't I be?"

The boy looked down: "Because you're afraid of me…"

You: "I'm not afraid of you. Why would I be afraid of you?"

The boy: "Because I'm a monster…"

You poked him in the forehead: "You don't look like a monster to me?"

The boy was shocked even more at this point: "Y-You mean you're not afraid of me?"

You shook your head: "I thought I already went over this, but no I'm afraid of you, quite actually I'm the opposite. What your name?"

The boy: "Sabaku no Gaara"

You: "Well I'm Otama Kisune, and Gaara, I want you to my friend!"

Gaara was surprised by this: "Y-You really want to be my friend"

You nodded: "There's not a doubt in my mind"

Gaara looked down again: "I've never had a friend before…"

You: "Me neither, but I want you to be first" Gaara smiled slightly and nodded and smiled also and got the swing next to him you both started to swing together.

That is how it should be.

3. Try to edit it.

This is hard for a lot of people. That's why there are editors! Or, you could just go over it yourself, because Word and Wattpad's spellcheck doesn't check everything. Trust me. They don't.

4. If it's a fanfiction, please try not ot make people OOC, or you OC Mary Sue like.

The Mary Sue thing is hard. We try by give small flaws to our OC, but they might have too much Mary Sue qualities. You could send me your OC and I could rate them for you, if you would like.

The OOC thing.... I have read a story that had Sasuke from Naruto fangirling over their OC. I stop reading right there. Yes, if it's a love story, they will be OOC, but Sasuke would never, ever become a fanboy of anyone's (other then himself).

5. Don't rush writing, it just makes it slopy.

People should write for fun. I know I have pushed some wrtiers (coughDark_N3kocough) but that was because I thought her story was really good. Inless you can write good with a timelimt or under pressure, then upload when you want to.

That's it, hope it helps you!