Chapter 5

×××××
×××××××××××××××××
Chapter 5:
Can't Go Back Home?
×××××××××××××××××
×××××

Once Carie was on her room, she quietly went inside and closed the door softly. Turning around, she leaned back on it and slowly slid down, her head leaning on the wooden door.

She let out a dreamy sigh, a slight smile tugging on her lips.

She enjoyed her time with Varian on the festival. Everything about him was just, just... amazing.

Suddenly, she stood up and walked towards the table. She took the satchel and opened it, the dim light of the candle giving her enough just to see clearly. She took out the beady bracelet and pressed the button on one purple bead.

Putting it on, she saw as the holographic figure of TARF came in view.

"Hi C-Carie." TARF nervously stuttered. He may be a robot, but he still had emotions like a real human being and Carie could tell easily.

Carie raised an eyebrow, suspicious of his nervousness around her.

"What did you do?" Carie questioned the robot softly, so he could know that it was okay to tell.

"I-I-I.." He continued to stutter, growing more nervous and hesitant to tell.

Carie sighed and shook her head, making TARF shut his mouth completely.

"Anyways, can I come home tomorrow? I wanna leave this place soon, it's been very fun staying, but I still need to take care of you and such." Carie shrugged. "And sorry for not keeping in contact for the past 2 days."

It may had been a week for the others but in every dimension that Carie visits, she always knows that time moves faster in every dimension than the time at her home.

"I've been in bed and I forgot to contact you today. I went to a festival with Moriette's best friend." She grinned at TARF, thinking about the certain boy. "His name is Varian."

"That's n-nice.." TARF mumbled and looked down, fiddling with his fingers. "L-Listen.. I.."

"Spit it out." Carie says bluntly.

"You c-c-can't come home, yet."

"WHAT?!" Carie screams in shock. She realized her mistake and quickly covered her mouth with her hand, lowering her voice. "What? Why?!"

TARF shuffled in the hologram. He nervously meets Carie's eyes and looks away immediately.

"I-I um, the portal had a malfunction. I didn't-t realize until just earlier." TARF laughs nervously, scratching the back of his neck while sensing the glare that Carie was giving him. "I would fix it right away, it was just a wire mess and the plugs had been chomped by some rats."

"How long will it take?" Carie asks impatiently, tapping her foot on the wooden floor.

"Just 2 days or maybe tomorrow, I guess." TARF shrugs, flinching at Carie's stare.

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. "So, I have to stay here for another week?"

TARF nods. "Yes," He confirms, glancing behind him. "I gotta go, those lab rats are going nuts over here. I will contact you as soon as I'm done, as for now, ciao!" He gave Carie a grin and pressed the hang up button.

Carie sighed and walked towards her bed, gently plopping down on it. She groaned.

She was going to spend another week here.