Chapter 9 - Epilogue

Harry Potter and all characters, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, not me.

Harry Potter-McGonagall – Chapter 9 – Epilogue

"Harry, wake up, mate," said Michael Corner as he pulled back the blue curtains that were protecting his dorm mate from the sunlight.

The Man-Who-Won blinked his eyes as the light shone onto his face, ending his slumber. "Wh-what?"

"It's time to wake up. We've got to get breakfast, and then we'll have just a few hours to get ready."

Finally remembering what was going on, Harry Potter-McGonagall smiled at his friend for seven years. "At least this is the last time you'll be waking me up."

"Yeah. I'll leave that to Hermione in the future."

Harry's grin widened at the thought of his fiancé. "I'll bet she's already up, as usual."

"No doubt about that, is there?" asked Terry Boot, who revealed himself to be awake and already dressed for the day. The dorm the three of them shared still contained a fourth bed – the one that had belonged to Anthony Goldstein. Every day, in what had become something of a ritual, Harry would glance at the empty bed and close his eyes in remembrance of his friend. This would be the last time he'd be able to do that.

"No doubt at all," replied Harry, after a few moments. He noticed a hoverboard on top of his magical trunk and placed it into the largest compartment, on top of a stack of hoverboards. Then, he made his way to the bathroom, where he showered and prepared to face the day, somehow sad that this would be the last time he'd go through his morning ritual in the Ravenclaw dorm. While he was still exercising most days, he'd decided not to do it on this special occasion. He still kept in shape because he never knew when the next nut would try to take over the world. When he finally reached the common room, he saw the woman he loved waiting for him.

"Well, it took you long enough, Harry," she exclaimed. "Did you oversleep again?" He could tell that she was frazzled, most likely because of the importance of this day.

"Good morning to you, too, love," he replied with a smirk.

The Head Girl took a deep breath. Her years with Harry had calmed her down to a point, but sometimes she still overreacted, and this was one of her boyfriend's ways of pointing that out to her. "Good morning, Harry. I'm sorry that the first words out of my mouth were me nagging you instead of saying, I love you."

"I love you, too. And, you're right. I am running late, but I got twenty enchanted last night."

"Twenty?" she asked, obviously surprised. "Just how late did you stay up last night?"

Yawning, he replied, "Pretty late. Anyway, we'll have to hurry through breakfast."

"Then I have to read through my speech again, then make sure everyone's getting packed, then get dressed for graduation, then reread my speech, then make..."

"You'll do great, love," he interrupted. "You always do." He then kissed her quickly before taking her hand in his, running his finger over her ring, causing her to glance down at it as he led her out the door. Hermione's promise ring had been replaced with a genuine engagement ring nearly a year before. She smiled sweetly as she remembered Harry's proposal.

--HPM--

It was Hermione's 18th birthday, and, as usual, Harry threw her a party in C.A.R.E. headquarters. She'd received several presents from her gathered friends, but one present was missing.

"Didn't Harry give you anything?" asked Ginny Weasley when she'd noticed the absence of a package with his name.

"He's probably got something special planned," she answered, sounding much more confident than she was.