IRL #10

--- Lily's PoV ---

Instead of watching one of the new movies out in theaters, Bethany preferred to stay home and watch a movie on Netflix. She wasn't a "people" person, so, for her, the more isolated, the better. Christina respected our space, so she went to hang out with Makena out in LA. We went out to the store to buy snacks for movie night beforehand.

Bethany didn't like microwave popcorn, so we bought a bag of popcorn kernels, oil, and some seasoning for it. We also bought two six-packs of Coca Cola and Dr. Pepper. She doesn't want to admit it, but she's a total soda junkie. I always see a bottle of Coke or something else in her room whenever she's working.

Not to mention, Bethany was also a fan of old movies. Not too old though (although she did like a couple of black and white films), mostly 80's and 90's films. She was the one who picked out the movie, so we ended up watching the Parent Trap (the 1998 version) since she watched it a lot during her childhood. She told me she even used to have the VHS tape of it. It's amazing how fast technology has advanced since then.

Even during the movie, the incident with Corbyn and Christina was still haunting me. I guess Bethany could sense my uneasiness (she was so observant, it was almost scary).

"You feeling alright, Lily?"

"Yeah, 'course I am." I lied. She raised an eyebrow and actually paused the movie. I don't think anything can get past her.

"Are you sure?"

"Totally. Let's get back to the movie."

"The movie can wait. There's something called pause. But I'm being serious, Lily. You know you can tell me anything right?" I couldn't make eye contact with her, so I began fidgeting with my fingers. I had a bad habit of doing that when I was nervous. Goddamn body betraying me like that. And of course, she knew what it meant.

"I know..."

"Then tell me what's the matter."

"It's nothing really..."

"If it was nothing, then it wouldn't be bothering you this much, would it? ...It's about Corbyn, isn't it?" Why must I be cursed with a smart best friend? She really hit the nail on the head. When I didn't say anything, she sighed. "I should've known. Boys are nothing but trouble." She was a feminist and didn't trust men enough to date them. I don't think she's that type of girl anyways. "What did he do?"

I nabbed a pillow from my side of the couch and hid my face from her. "I saw him and Christina together."

"What?! That little-- I am going to murder--"

"I didn't see them kiss or anything, but I saw them cuddling when I came back from the bathroom when we were out celebrating the boys. That's why I called you then. I panicked and I didn't want to see them anymore."

"Cuddling? That's it?"

"It's stupid, I know... Don't make fun of me too much."

"Ha, I'm insulted you'd think I'd make fun of you."

"I'm sorry..." She clicked her tongue in annoyance and took the pillow away from me so I'd have to look at her.

"Don't apologise. It's fine. I'm glad you told me."

"Promise you won't tell anyone else?"

"Of course. Who do you think I am?"

"And promise not to kill Corbyn or Christina?"

"Ah... now that promise will be a little harder to keep."

"Beth..." She chuckled and returned her attention back to the screen.

"I'm just joking. I won't."

"Wow, I didn't know you could joke." Beth threw a small couch pillow at me.

"Don't make me want to kill you too. Now can we get back to the movie?"

I perked up and nodded. She resumed the movie and we continued to watch while eating our white cheddar popcorn that she made (since I couldn't cook at all) and drinking our sodas.