Five: Accident

Louis had forgotten how much he loved hot showeres. He enjoyed the warm water running down his body for nearly an hour, until Niall knocked at the door and told him to 'get the fuck ready, mate!'.

So the cat-hybrid turns the water off and steps out of the shower. He dries himself off, ruffling his hair with a towel - careful to not hurt his ears. Once all dry he puts on some boxers Nick gave them and sweatpants along with a black t-shirt. His tail gets tucked into the pants out of comfortable reasons. He runs a hand through his hair to get it out of his face and then leaves the bathroom.

"Finally!" Niall exclaims, lying on the bed. "Get your stuff and we can eat breakfast." he says and gets up.

The irish boy takes his duffle bag and his guitar. Louis takes his own bag. Both bags more filled with old clothes from Niall now. Luckily his aunt always bought clothes too big in case the boy suddenly grows five foot over night.

"Let's get something to eat." Niall says, leaving his room. Louis is right on his heels.

-

After they ate some breakfast - toast with nutella, because there was nothing else to put on the toast - they again grab their stuff and are about to leave through the front door.

But Louis pulls Niall back before the dog-hybrid can touch the door handle. He holds his index finger over his lip, indicating him to be quiet as Niall asks what's wrong.

The brown cat ears are straight up, listening carefully. Louis hears car doors close and then voices.

"It were two boys. They were in the kitchen."

"And they don't belong here?"

"No, I never saw them here before. The woman who lives here is on vacation."

"Please stay here. We gonna-"

Louis stops listening, pulling on the grey beanie he held in his hand. "Cops and a neighbour." he says, looking at Niall. "They are coming in. Can we leave some other way?"

Niall thinks for a second before taking Louis' hand and pulling him to the back door. He opens it and they run towards the wooden fence.

Louis helps Niall climb over it and gives him his duffle bag and the guitar over it the moment the back door opens loudly.

"Hey!" One of the police man shouts.

Louis throws his duffle bag over the fence and is on the wood with one jump. He jumps down, taking his bag and he and Niall run into the woods as fast as they can, not listening to the police officers that are threatening them.

-

After they ran for ten minutes straight they stop, catching their breaths. Louis pulls his beanie down from his head and listens for any sign of them being followed. Nothing.

"We're good." he says breathless, resting his hands on his knees. He definitely hasn't had enough sport the last years.

Niall sighs relieved, pulling his snapback down, freeing his ears. "Where to now?" he asks.

"Well, we ran into the direction of London so let's go there." Louis suggests.

Niall agrees immediately and they start walking again.

-

Just a few minutes later they come across a street and decide to follow it. So now they walk next to it towards London.

"I used to sing every day. You know, before I got kidnapped." Niall says, looking ahead.

Louis nods. "Me too. And I annoyed my whole family with it." he smiles down at the ground sadly. He does miss his family.