1

~~AHH super happy to be back! tell me what you think! this story will be written in 3rd person now so... yea!~~

     Tom sat on his bed eagerly awaiting the time his clock hit 3:00pm. He was about to go meet his ex-girlfriend, Star Butterfly. If he's lucky she might become his actual girlfriend. He glanced at the clock again and it had hit three. He quickly bounced off the bed and rushed downstairs, fire blazing behind him. In the bathroom, he quickly fixed his tie and straightened his black suit. She was going to love this. Well, he hoped so anyways.
        "Looking good handsome." he muttered to himself.
    After he boosted his ego a bit, he headed out his front door to meet his carriage. He quickly gave a couple pats on the skelton horse's head and jumped inside. His hands were quite clammy, though he felt no nervousness. Ok that's a lie, he was pretty nervous.
     Maybe a glass of water would calm him dowm. Tom reached for the water glass on the table beside him. As he picked up the refreshing drink, the glass melted through his palms and soaked into the lush carpets.
         "Guess I won't be having water." He hissed as he tried to wipe the magma off his hands.
     Suddenly his carriage screeched to a stop. The driver looked back and muttered a quaint " we've arrived sir". Tom jumped from his seat wearing a large grin.   
         "Showtime baby."
    He wanted to get a bit of air before he made his 'go to the ball with me and be my girlfriend again' speech. As he stepped out of the carriage a loud ringing sound could be heard. Shit that was the school bell! Tom looked around and saw Star talking to some other kid. As he was about to walk over, Star noticed the carriage and Tom. She marched over at a very high speed, pulling the hoodie kid with her.
        "THOMAS LUCITOR WHAT THE HECK!" she screeched as the hoodie kid rubbed his wrist.
    Ok act cool Tom, "Hey starship! How are you? I personally have been gr-"
          "nope nope nope! You need to leave right now. Take your carriage and fire and dead horse, and go back to the underworld." She interrupted with a loud tone. 
       "wait I'm dead?" the horse asked genuinely confused.
       "Listen Star, I know we may have had a few bumps in the past, but why don't we start over! The blood moon ball is tonight and it only happens every 667 years!" Tom said with hints of hope in his eyes.
         "Tom I'm not going to the Blood Moon Ball with you. We broke up! Period!" Star was starting to get more than agitated.
      All the hundreds of missed calls and unanswered texts started flashing in her mind. Her brows furrowed and nails dug into her crossed arms.
           "Come on Starship! What we had was perfect! We were happy together and we could have that again!" He pleaded, ready to get on his knees if it meant she'd say yes.
           "No Tom you were happy! All you cared about was yourself! You never asked me if I was happy! All that mattered was what Tom wants, what Tom needs. You just think the whole universe revolves around you. God, you're such a selfish jerk!" Star had bursted.
          Her happy and upbeat personality had finally popped, and all her feelings came with it. Her breaths ragged from her speech and tears flowed from her eyes. Tom stared with wide eyes. His mouth was dry and he felt if he spoke he would start crying.
          She rubbed the tears from her cheeks and spoke, "I'm sorry I just can't do this right now. Let's go Marco." Her voice was hollow and quiet. She turned around and started walking with her head hung low. Marco stood just looking between the both of them.
           "You ok dude? You must've done something really bad in order for her to act like that. I don't think I've ever heard her yell." Marco asked a bit nervously. Tom shook his head and buried his face in his hands.
        He groaned loudly. "I really fucked up." His words muffled by his hands. Marco hummed in agreement.
         "Maybe instead of trying to get back with her, you should try and be a friend. It's all about baby steps." He tried to be encouraging.  Tom looked up at the kid.
           "Yea, maybe you're right!" He smiled. "Brian always says something about 'baby steps' and 'taking my time'. Thanks for the advice..." He trailed off unsure of his name.
             Hoodie kid held out his hand. "Marco Diaz." He said with a bright smile.
             Tom shook his hand. "You can call me Tom."

~~~~~~~~
AHH I finally did it!! I'm done with chapter one! As soon as I finish chapter 2, I'll delete the originals and the update! This story is finally gonna be in tip top shape!