sad stuff

what a creative title.

"Where's Peter?" Tony immediately asked, his breathing still slightly erratic. He was still holding on to Steve.

"Tony, what the hell is going on?" Pepper asked, ignoring his question. "Peter was crying when he came home- and where were you guys?"

Tony didn't answer, as he tried to catch his breath.

"We were out doing.. something." Stephen quietly said, standing beside a very concerned Bruce Banner. "Where did you say Peter was?"

"He's in his room." Pepper said worriedly. "Did something happen between you guys?"

"It's- it's nothing to worry about Pepper." Stephen turned to Bruce. "You should go talk to him."

"Why me?" Bruce asked.

"I don't know, you're better at dealing with this kind of stuff."

Bruce sighed, walking to Peter's room. He knocked before entering.

Peter heard a soft knock at the door, and then someone entering. He kept his eyes shut, trying to quiet his sobs. He hid his face under the blanket, weakly trembling. Sniffles could be heard from under the covers, as could quiet whimpers.

"Hey, Peter." Bruce sighed quietly. He couldn't help but feel bad for the teen, although he did the wrong thing.

Peter didn't respond, since if he spoke a single word, he'd break down into more sobs.

Bruce continued to walk over to him. He sat on his bed beside him. "You know Tony didn't mean all that."

"Y-yes he did." Peter quietly mumbled, his voice wavering.

"Why would you think that? Tony really cares about you, Peter. He just got anxious, you know how he is. What you did scared him, and he thought he was going to lose you, especially because of what happened last time. He really does love you, Pete, he just... freaked out."

Peter felt a bit better with these words, although he didn't completely believe them. He took his head out from under the blanket, sitting up in bed. He nervously leaned over, gently hugging Bruce. The teen finally let out a small sob, soaking Bruce's shirt with tears. Bruce simply hugged the boy back, rubbing his back.

The two eventually came out of the room, Peter clinging on to Bruce's arm. By this time, Tony had calmed down and was cuddled up to Steve on the couch, Stephen was awkwardly third-wheeling, and Pepper went shopping. Tony immediately detached himself from Steve when Peter came out. He got up quickly, except this time, he didn't look angry. He began walking towards Peter, but the teen backed away. 

"He's not gonna hurt you." Bruce quietly said to Peter, separating himself from Peter and shoving his arm into his jean pocket. Peter was still worried, although he stepped forward a bit closer to Tony.

"M-Mr. Stark, please, I'm s-sorry-" He started, before Tony encased him in a hug. He tensed up, startled by the sudden affection. However, he did soon hug him back, struggling to keep himself from sobbing.

"I'm sorry for, uh, you know," Tony said sincerely, his voice quiet. "I just overreacted. I really do care about you, underoos. I don't want you getting yourself into trouble."

Peter simply nodded, since he knew that he'd start crying if he spoke another word.

"Alright." Tony broke away from Peter, wanting to lighten the mood. "No suit for 2 weeks." He said with a smirk.

"What??" Peter's eyes widened.

"You heard me, don't make me make it three."

"But dad-" Peter turned bright red. "I mean Mr. Stark- never mind."

Tony turned around to hide his embarrassment and excitement. He chuckled. "Go to your room, young man." He said in a joking tone, although his voice was shaky.

Peter nodded, quickly running off to his room. When he finally arrived, he slammed the door shut and plopped into bed. "OHMYGODIJUSTCALLEDMR.STARKDAD"

Meanwhile, Tony hid his red face in his hands. He fell to the couch, taking his hands away from his face. He punched Steve's arm just gently enough for it to not hurt, though it was still rough. "He called me dad," The man grinned, ceasing his abuse of Steve and hugging him tightly. Steve laughed, ruffling Tony's hair. Stephen glanced at Bruce, noticing how uncomfortable he seemed. "Alright," He got up, breaking the awkward silence. "You guys wanna go? Bruce and I are going out for, uh, lunch."

Bruce stared at Stephen with a look that said 'Thank you.' Hesitantly, Tony separated himself from Steve, as the two men stood up. "Sounds, as the kids say, lit."

"Please never say the word 'lit' again, Tony."

*************************************

ew i hate this