The World is Unkind

>> Thought it was important to warn you that this story will contain graphic content BUT it does not support that kind of nature, at all. It also features a 17 year old Sombre and if violence towards minors offends you, I suggest you read something else.

Also, Sotheby's Auction House is named after a real life one, but it is not that one. That one doesn't sell people (Obviously). I was just too lazy to make up a name at the time of planning this story.

----

I mouthed the words, but a voice didn't really reach up to my lips movements. I wanted to see the men more, but they walked past me, and I remained rooted to the ground as to not displease my mother. She walked up to me and rested her long fingers on my shoulder, smiling from ear to ear at me. "Come my dear creation," She murmured with such grace, earning a subtle but eager nod from me.

They're going to help me, that's so kind of them. I thought about how loving my mother was, how lucky I am to have her. My legs and torso were cold, due to being bare, but my feet were most cold as they collided with the smooth marble floors, like walking on cool ice. My soft lilac hair was drifting in front of my eyes occasionally causing my to brush my hair away.

"Oh you, stay still a moment sweetie" My mother cooed affectionately, as she turned and rested her hands on my shoulders, stopping my movement. I met eyes with her, feeling rather light headed. She reached to her head and unclipped a small white hair pin from her thick curly black locks, and brought it down in view of my eyes. "What is it mother?" I asked curiously, not fully aware. She smiled slightly "A hair pin, allow me," She offered, and I nodded instinctively.

My mother clipped my long strands of lilac hair back behind my ear with the small clip, and I could finally see her properly again. I smiled softly at the sight of my mothers slight smile, which was laced with guilt. "You're almost like the boy I never had..." She whispered softly, making me frown for a moment.

"But I am your son, mother" I claimed, with a slightly louder tone than intended. This made a scowl form on her once perfect face. "No, Sombre, You are my creation, Big difference, You are an item made to get sold to another man, or woman," She informed strictly, making my wince. "But Mother loves me still," I smiled a little. "...Yes," She admitted, turning around and speed walking away. "Follow me," She snapped in a hostile manner.

We reached a large set of steel doors, after coursing our way through the numerous bleach white corridors with the three suspicious men trailing behind. My mother pushed the doors open, and my eyes met with blinding light.

It soon faded into a scenery of lush trees and grass, bushes littered with blooming roses, and small insects zipping around daintily. The sky was obscured by the shrubbery and trees, but the sun seeped through and pooled on the flagstone path. It winded forward, to a small gate and broken brick wall, behind waited a large black car, with blacked out windows. It's engine purred softly, and it was shrouded by the birds soft singing in the evening sunlight.

So beautiful.

My ears fixed on the sound of a nearby stream, the water flowing softly, and the leaves blew through the air in the gentle breeze. I followed my mother and the three men, my feet heating on the flags and my large silvery orbs looking around, frantic to absorb all of the beautiful surroundings before I was confined to the vehicle.

"Ma'am, We will take care of him from here, You should return to your studies," The tallest of the three men stated gruffly, making my mother giggle. "Take care of my little Sombre, you brute. Return home as soon as you've dropped him off with Jester, and you two, stay with me" She beamed, and I shrunk back. "Mother, Don't... Don't go," I mumbled sadly, as she walked away with the two shorter males following behind. She left me with the taller man.