Workshop

i remember the first time stepping into this work shop, my brain felt like it was about to explode! so many colors and lights and sounds, it was almost too much to handle. as i got more used to being around the guardians and in meetings it was still hard to focus with things going on around me. till one day, i saw a little box with a bunch of buttons and knobs on the table and i thought it was interesting, the yetis were making a bunch so i just swiped a red one. during the net meeting i kinda fiddled with it and i slowly began to realize that i could actually pay attention! i began going around the workshop in my free time looking for other gadgets like that. i do it about once a week now and in my room at the pole i have collected a couple different things that help with it. also whenever i'm sitting there doing nothing i mindlessly end up chewing on ice or licking snow, i don't know why, it's just comforting i guess. one day when i was just getting back from spreading fun North called me into his office.

"Be right there!" i call back and just as i'm about to head in i remembered that dog i saw on the trip, what was it's name? Sparkey, Muffins? Collin! that's what it's name was? i wonder why someone would name a dog collin? i mean it's such a regul name for such a derpy dog, i mean seriously it's tonug was hanging outta it's mouth, why do we even have tongues? why can't our whole mouths just have taste buds in them and-

"Jack! i calld you into my office twently minutes ago!" North called to me, snapping me outta my thoughts

"oh! sorry! coming!" i call back before hurrying in. once i walked in i saw a wonderland of buttons and knobs and whirls and doodads. 

"what is all this?" i ask in shock.

"you think yetis don't tell me about you taking all the fidgeting toys? so, i make you some!" he says happily. i smile brightly before going up and i saw little labels reading what each one was. the cub with knobs was a fidget cube, there was a button board, and a fidget spinner, and putty that wouldn't freeze, and bracelets of different sizes and textures! 

"thanks!!!" i exclaim all but too happy to have ones that were customized just for me!

"yes, but why didn't you tell us about ADHD?" North asked. i ruffle my brow confused.

"About what?" i question.

"you know, attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder? many children have it." he says surprised i didn't know

"huh, i never knew about that... and you think i have it?" i asked.

"i just assumed you did by how your always looking around, getting distracted, have trouble focusing." he says calmly, in an understanding voice

"huh, okay then, well thank you for these! i really appreciate it." i thank again and put all the stuff in my hoodie pockets. as i'm walking out and playing with the putty i think about this. then i think about the word disorder till it looses all meaning, then i think about planes as a toy plane flys by and then- damn maybe i do have this thing. oh well, it's just me, and i'm not gonna change so i'mma play with putty till it's all gone. 

(remember if you have some kinda disorder, you are not less then it just means you need to adapt. always be happy and thank you to @star-dust-boyon Tumblr for this idea! this is just gonna be a one parter i think but it was fun! TTFN