Chapter Twenty

After breakfast, Oxygen and I head back to the beach house. Exodus and Moana Marie De Salvo didn't bring up the topic about what happened last night and I don't think that any of Oxygen's sisters know about it. I've had a peaceful breakfast with them, Oxygen's dad was still very accommodating and his mom, well, she hasn't talk to me more than a good morning and some brown bread offers. But I'm good with it, though I couldn't understand why I want her to like me.

I'd been asleep since we left and it's been a couple of hours, I woke up to a song I've heard several times but have no idea what it was called. I opened my eyes and my brows furrowed when I learned that Oxygen is singing along to the music from the stereo.

"Could you believe I could be different? I'll be the difference, I'll lift you high. And I understand your hesitation. Our reputation, it's no surprise..." His powerful voice sounds warm and comforting, made me wanna close my eyes and relax. I didn't know he could sing. But then, I barely know all the little things about him. "So let me redefine you. And you can see the tide move. Just like tears in the eyes do. And when you're feeling alone..."

His eyes are focused on the road ahead, I'm not sure if he knew I'm staring at him. I just can't move my eyes off. The song used to annoy me before but hearing him now, singing it. I wasn't annoyed.

"Oh, baby, I'll be right here. Between the sea and silence. So breathe easy my dear. You can find sunshine in the rain." That's when he turned to my direction and finally noticed I'm already awake, our gazes matched, my heartbeat races. I couldn't look away. "I will come running when you call my name..."

I remember him telling me those words at the yacht and hearing it again now made my system flip.

"Even a broken heart can beat again..." His voice is absolutely amazing, you wouldn't expect him to have such talent. "Forget about the one who caused you pain. I swear I'll love you in a different way..."

He reached up for me and I came willingly, I rested my head to his shoulder. Being this close to Oxygen seems right, I closed my eyes when I felt him kiss the top of my head.

"I know that love is so unforgiving..." His arm slid down to my waist, taking my hand and having our fingers entwined. "You've been a victim too many times. And I'll be the friend, hold you together. I'll be forever, will you be mine?"

"I didn't know you sing good..." I commented with a smile.

"Good lang ba? Kanina pa kita hinaharana tagal mong magising." A soft throaty chuckle followed.

I know he's kidding me but it hits me. I'm suddenly guilty for sleeping on him. I looked up to his side, he's still directed at the road. "Sorry, I'm a worst company."

"Okay lang, baliw." His lips curved in a small smile. This close, I've noticed that his stubbles are growing. "Maganda rin 'yon, pahinga ka lang. Kailangan mo ng maraming pahinga."

Speaking of which, he too needs a rest. He haven't had enough sleep, he's no superhero. "Ikaw ang need na mag-pahinga! Wala ka pang tulog, Oxygen."

I moved out of his arms and spied him worriedly, he managed to grin at me. "Okay lang ako, Gabgab."

"You don't look okay to me," I said. "If I just know the route, I would've let you sleep and I'll drive-"

"Akala mo naman papayag ako?"

"I will insist and you can trust me with your life, I'm not a reckless driver-"

"I can believe you, thing is, I'm not letting you drive for me." He appeared amused. "Stop worrying yourself, I'll be getting some rest when we reach home."