Chapter 12

Elijah’s POV:

The sunlight was filtering in through the curtains of the hotel room. My back was facing Jesslyn, so I rolled over to wake her up. When I rolled over, I realized that Jesslyn wasn’t in the bed. Her scent was faint so she had been gone for at least an hour. Quickly dressing in my normal suit, I followed her scent until I found her sitting on a bench crying. Her eyes were red and puffy. That told me that she had been crying for quite some time now.  Using my vampire speed, I rushed over to her and pulled her close to me.

“Hey why are you crying?”

“It is just my father. The night that my brother died, my mother and father left and said that when they get home we will both be gone. Either by force or by their choice.”

“So your father sent Marcus to kill you guys.”

“Yeah he did. They just didn’t plan on Marcus doing what he did and me getting pregnant.”

As I watched her, her eyes turned yellow.

“Holy shit.”

“What?”

“Your eyes…they just turned yellow.”

“Why? Why are they turning yellow?”

“Have you killed anyone, even by accident?”

“Oh my gosh! There was a car accident just a few months ago. The driver was hit by me and they died on impact.”

“ Jesslyn, I think you might be a werewolf.”

“What?”

“Do you want to be a vampire?”

“What?!?”

“Do you want to be a vampire?”

“Yes..”

“ Then we will need Elena’s blood which Klaus has. We are going to turn you and you won’t have to worry about the baby anymore.”

“Won’t the wolf side still carry the baby?”

“No, the change will kill the baby. But you will be able to have kids in the future.”

“Alright, to Mystic Falls we go.”

Jesslyn and I went back to the hotel and packed up our stuff. Finally flying back, we talked about how to do this without Klaus finding out. When we got off the plane, my phone rang. It was Kol.

“Yes brother?”

“Down in New Orleans… need your help and only your help.”

“Alright, I will be down there soon.”

Turning to Jesslyn, I gave her an apologetic look.

“I have to go to New Orleans to help Kol. I am so sorry.”

“It is alright babe. I will wait for you to get back.”

Jesslyn’s POV:

As soon as Elijah left, I pulled out my phone and called Klaus.

“Hello love. Back from New York?”

“How did you know?”

“Elijah called, told me to come and pick you up.”

“Klaus, I need you to do something?”

“I am a werewolf and I want to be a hybrid.”

“Okay, I will change you when you get back. Oh by the way I will be there in ten minutes to pick you up.”

“Alright.”

“What should I expect from the change.”

“Everything will be heightened.”

“Okay. I will be waiting outside for you and your giant SUV. Bye Nik.”

“Bye love.”

As quickly as I could, I went to sit on a bench outside. The closest one was right next to the door, so I sat there. Finally, Klaus pulled up in his SUV.

“Are you ready wolfy or are you going to sit there?”

“Shut it power boy.”

I stood up and put my things in the back seat. Sitting up front, Klaus grabbed my hand and held it in his own. His hands were soft yet they were rough. I kinda liked the feeling.

“So when do you want to turn?”

“As soon as we get home.”

“Eager are we?”

“Little bit…”

His laugh filled the car. The laugh was intoxicating and infectious. When we reached a stop light, I grabbed his face, and crashed my lips to his. I caught him by surprise but eventually he did kiss me back. The kiss was heated and full of need.

“Jesslyn, why did you just do that?”

“I don’t know. Please don’t tell Elijah.”

“Alright, I won’t tell him.”

“Thank you.”

When we reached the mansion, Klaus went and got the blood. When he returned, he bit his wrist and then mine. We shared blood and then he snapped my neck. I awoke hours later in a daze.

“Here drink this.”

I grabbed the cup and downed the entire thing.

“In a couple minutes everything that you feel now, will be heightened and you will do stupid things that we won’t tell anyone about.”

“Thanks Nik, so much.”

He hugged me, and when he pulled back, he pressed his lips to mine. In my mind, I knew this was going to be a long night.