Murder

" I'm back, Lucius."

Ivy held his hand for the next 4 hours, not moving or even taking her eyes off her beloved one. The elders in the room came and went - even Kitty and Christop came by - but she didn't acknowledge even one of them. She sat there, hazel-white eyes pleading and hope-filled, her hand clutched in her beloved's while he remained unconscious. His curly dark brown hair was swept to the side and his beautiful hazel eyes remained shut. He groaned, slowly getting up. Ivy squealed.

" LUCIUS!"

He winced, smiling softly at her.

" Ivy? What are you doing here? What happened? The last thing I-"

He stopped, his eyes wide. He stared blankly at Ivy, his eyes wide with shock and hurt.

" I... he... he... his knife... I was mid-sentence... why...?"

He stammered, unsure of how to react. Ivy raised her hand and waved it through the air for a moment before he noticed and put the hand on his cheek. He smiled softly, kissing her palm, but the blind girl did not smile back.

" Lucius. Who...?"

She asked hesitantly, not sure if she wanted to know the answer considering she hadn't seen Noah at all since she left and his parents seemed upset. Lucius only stared at her, making her frown.

" Lucius."

She warned, her hazel eyes twinkling. Lucius made no move to speak, but Finton interrupted them, standing in the doorway and watching them with wide, somber eyes.

" Guys! They - oh! Glad to see you're awake and alive, Lucius! - They found Noah!"

Ivy stiffened and turned towards the sound of her friend's voice.

" Found him?"

She asked, her voice rising in shock and anger. Lucius didn't move for fear of drawing his love's attention.

" FOUND HIM?! HE TRIED TO KILL LUCIUS! IN FACT, IF NOT FOR ME, LUCIUS WOULD BE DEAD BECAUSE OF HIM AND HIS STUPID JEALOUSY!!! LET ME HAVE A GO AT HIM!!"

She screamed, making Finton's eyes widen. He waved his hands about in a calming gesture, trying to soothe the blind woman before him.

" Calm down!! He's already dead."

Ivy stopped.

" What?"

Her voice was shaking. Finton gave her a sad smile.

" You kind of killed him..."

Ivy took a step back in surprise. Lucius stared at Finton, open-mouthed. His Ivy kill someone? She might be a tomboy, but she'd never commit a crime like that! Of course, the same couldn't be said for Noah Percy.

" W-what? How could I have..."

She went quiet, her hands flying up to cover her mouth.

" Oh, god. He.... he tried to kill me. And I... the hole... he fell..."

She sobbed, shaking her head in a way that made all of her short curly red hair fall into her face.

" I'm a murderer."

She practically accused herself. Lucius sat up with alarming speed, not even registering the pain in his lower and upper abdomen as he did so.

" No, you're not. He is. He tried to kill me once he heard about our engagement."

He told her, his words strong and firm. This surprised Finton, who had barely even seen Lucius mutter a word, much less be a support for the woman he loved. He slowly backed out of Victor's house, eyes wide. The last sight he saw of his two best friends was Ivy sobbing while Lucius held her, calmingly stroking her curly red hair. 

His stomach twisted much like it did when he and Ivy had ventured into the forest when he saw Noah. He hated that....... imbecile... with all of his hearts. After all, not only had he kept his two best friends apart and been a thorn in everyone's side for years, but he also tried to murder both Lucius and Ivy. If it hadn't been for Ivy's courage and the strong desperation to save the man she loved and was going to marry - which he didn't doubt was going to happen now - then he would have succeeded with Lucius. Lucius would be dead on the floor of his small house with a dagger in his upper chest and a gaping red hole in his lower chest. This thought made Finton growl as he made his way through the crowd to where Noah was on a stretcher.