PROLOGUE (Karima)

There is silence. I looked up on his ceiling, eyes red from crying.

I was never a person to cry, but my sudden realization would never go away.

I'll never remember who I am.

Who am I exactly? A normal human? A genetically modified mutant? A robot?!

I was having an identity crisis.

I had gotten amnesia at the age of 10, and couldn't remember anyone. Or anything. I didn't know who he was or what his purpose is other than try to get a good education.

I had never gone through an emotional breakdown because of it though.

I let out a heavy and long sigh. I managed to get myself up from my bed.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I had blonde hair, almost looking dyed, with a red eye on his left and a blue eye on his right. My skin was slightly dark, and my teeth weren't that clean, but hey, not a huge deal.

I'm sorta tall, and had a fit build. I'm only wearing blue boxers, because it was comfortable.

I looked around his room. All he had was a table, a bed, a closet and a mirror. And a window too.

I wasn't a man of luxury, but hey, it is enough.

I walk outside my room, and greeted with purring.

At first I was shocked, but then I looked down and saw my pet, Hashani the Black Cat, rubbing against my leg.

"Hey bud. Sorry, don't got food for ya today. I'm about to go take a shower. You don't wanna get wet do ya?" I pick up Hashi (which is what I call him when i'm too lazy to say Hashani) and carry him to a cardboard box filled with used clothes. The clothes were ripped and had holes in them.

This was Hashani's home. Well, bed at least. He lives in the living room, which really, isn't all that great.

There's a huge hole on one side of the living room, and there was vegetation slowly creeping inside from the hole. But as long as it kept away from the couch, it was fine.

Speaking of the couch, the couch wasn't really a couch. It was a makeshift bench that had pillows on it. And I DID have a TV, but he had no internet. I only use the TV for news.

I walked over the vegetation that came from outside and walked to a nearby river. Note I still only have my boxers on.

I calmly walked through the dirt path to the river, and went to a bush near the river bank. Inside the bush was some liquid soap and shampoo, as well as a toothbrush and used toothpaste.

I grab all three things and jump in. And I ain't gonna tell any details perverts.

I hop back out and walk back to my house and dry myself off with my towel. I hanged my boxers and the towel and I put my uniform on.

I looked at my uniform. The top consists of a long-sleeved black shirt and a grey scarf. There's a yellow symbol of a heart o the chest pocket of my shirt.

The lower simply consists of dark grey jeans.

I grin, and walked through the giant hole (which I just realized acted as my door) and put on my shoes that were hidden in a bush, I didn't put socks on yet. I'll do that later.

I grabbed my bike and went off into the nearby suburban area.

I smelled the fresh air of the modern world, as I prepared myself for a new life.

A life at Toranpu Academia.