His Name Is Logan

Every day when fourth period rolled around, Katelyn would rush down the hallway just to get to his classroom first, just so she could watch his muscles as he got ready for his worst class of the day. And every day, she would have to start staring at her books as soon as the other classmates would come in, especially her boyfriend, Junior. 

She stood up and hastily walked over to Junior's desk across the room and began to strike up a conversation. As soon as she was at her boyfriend's side, everyone in the room began to catcall and whistle at the school's 'power couple'. He seemed absolutely head-over-heels in love with Katelyn, but everyone that looked at the two side-by-side could tell Katelyn didn't reciprocate that love. She couldn't, she was helplessly devoted to someone else, that someone just so happens to be her fourth period English I teacher, Mr. Logan Gilbert.

She could never focus on lessons, yet she was still the brightest in the classroom. She knew that her feelings towards the 28-year-old man were wrong and illegal, but she couldn't help it. Every single lesson she got so caught up in staring at Mr. Gilbert that she never realized that he had asked her a question.

She would fall prey to that ever-lasting dominant look in those ocean blue eyes. The curve of those salmon tinted lips. The jutting cheekbones that she can't help but imagine her fingers sliding down as their lips connect. His biceps, no matter what polo he wears, she can always see his biceps. Oh how she would love to grab them, compliment him on them, make him feel manly. 

She always felt sad as the bell for fifth period rung throughout the school, ending her time with her favorite teacher. Sure she loved science, but she just might love Mr. Gilbert a little bit more. As she walked Junior to his class first, they talked about what they might do after he moved to Florida, he always replied with; "You may be my first girlfriend, but I can guarantee you won't be my last." and he would slide out of the crowd into his classroom. 

As she slips into her class late every day, she talks to her besties; Will, Ma Tija, and Macie. Always about this 'Mystery Boy' that she liked. She knew that she could probably get away with telling them his first name, so she said it. 

"His name is Logan."

It felt like a breath of fresh air to finally get that off her chest. She knew it was wrong, she knew it was dirty, she knew she shouldn't, but she couldn't stop thinking about him at all times. She was truly, madly, deeply, and foolishly completely in love with her English I teacher, Logan Gilbert, and there was no way she was climbing out of this one.