Chapter 1- Disasters

“I’m sorry Natalia, I’m going to have to let you go.”

Those were the words that had been running through my mind the whole time as I drove home. What had I done to deserve this? I was a hard worker. I did all my jobs before the deadline given and did everything for him. I constantly put up with his orders, him barking me around everywhere and yet he fires me. Tears started to pool my eyes as I thought of the situation that had just occurred not too long ago. Where was I going to get a job on such short notice?

Pulling up the drive way, I stopped the car in front of my house. It wasn’t anything fancy but it was homey. It suited me and my boyfriend well. Not too big yet not too small either. Perfect size. Unlocking the door I stepped in the house and turned around the corner into my living room. That’s when I saw it.

The sight in front of me made me drop my bag and keys to the floor. There he was, Brandon on the couch naked with another girl. That girl being my best friend, Lakeisha. 

“What the hell is going on here?!”

“Baby, it’s not what it looks like!” Brandon exclaimed trying to cover himself up while that whore I once called my best friend hurried to get her clothes on, that lay in a pile on the floor.

They both stared at me wide eyed with fear as I looked at them. Lakeisha started wailing loudly while putting her clothes on and Brandon just stood there staring. Disgust, hurt and anger came through me as glared at them.

“Lakeisha, get out of my damn house now and never come back. We’re through being friends. I don’t want to see your filthy face again!” I screamed at here as she hurriedly collected all of her things. 

Scurrying out of the room she turned around before walking out the door and muttered, “It wasn’t the first time Nat”, then walked off slamming the door.

Counting to ten in my head before turning around to face that bastard my boyfriend, I took a deep breath. It took everything in me to not scream at him and throw things at him.

“I want all your stuff out within an hour” with that I walked off to the kitchen. I needed a drink, a strong one at that. That didn’t stop him from following me though.

“Babe, just hear me out and given me another chance. I didn’t…”

“What you didn’t mean for me to catch you out?! You thought you could get away with this? How pathetic are you really?”

Silence hung in the air thick around us. Then he swiftly turned around walking out of the kitchen to our…my room. Pulling out the Vodka from the cupboard I took a long swig from it straight. This was not how I was expecting my day to turn out. It was supposed to be a good day. Why was this happening to me? 

Losing my job was one thing but catching my boyfriend cheating on me with my best friend is a whole different story! And not only have they slept together once but more than that! I never thought they would both betray me like that ever. We were together for 3 years and he threw that away like it was nothing. Then there’s Lakeisha. We’ve been through so much together and she acted like that was nothing. She used me so she could have what I have…what I had. Some best friend she was, stupid piece of trash.

Setting down the drink on the table I went to check if Brandon had packed all his stuff, it was about time he left. He was in the living room, sitting down on the lounge.

“What are you doing still here? I thought I told you to pack your stuff and leave within an hour. Did I not make myself clear enough?” 

“I…I just...please don’t do this Nat. We can sort this out. We can work through it babe.” He pleaded inching closer to me each time he spoke.

“I can’t stand the sight of seeing you anymore. I thought you changed when we started dating but you obviously haven’t. You never did. Once a player, always a player right? Guess what they say is true.” I hissed with anger as I backed away from him.

“I’m sorry…”

“Sorry doesn’t cut it. Get out of my house. I never want to see you again. Have a great life and good riddance to you.” With that I picked up his bags and chucked them outside with as much force as I could and him following behind me.

As he got into the car he glanced at me one last time with hurt in his eyes. Pulling out of the drive way he drove off into the distance. Letting go of my breath, I shakily closed the door and crumpled to the floor. Tears welled up in my eyes, overflowing without my permission. I silently cried for hours thinking about everything that had happened today. 

What would have happened if things weren’t like this today? Would I have left work at my usual time and not have caught Brandon and Lakeisha? Questions after questions were flowing through my head while crying. I eventually got up of the floor and went for a long steaming bath, trying to relax my body.