" It ends when he dies."

Trent's small home was rather cozy. The small space seems to fit his current situation. Clothes were in neat piles on the couch, and no mess could be seen.

" How are you?" I asked nervously, while my hands twirled a loose strand of hair.

Trent's sad eyes meet mine, as he picked up the stack of clothes.

" I have been better. I know why your here. It won't change my mind. Negan has taken everything from me, including you. With him gone, we can finally be back together. I hope that's still what you want?"

His eyes held hope, a hope that I was still in love with him. The silence between us gave him his answer. He knew that I had feelings for Negan.

His chapped lips part slightly, while his jaw laxes with shock.

" How could you have any feelings for him! He wants me dead! He took you from me!" He snarled.

His hands balled into fists by his side. His knuckles turning white, as his breathing accelerated.

I jolted from my seat, desperate to calm his building wrath. His eyes gave me a deathly glare. Right as my hand reached out to touch him his arm jerked roughly away.

" Don't fucking touch me!  I am too angry."

My feet quickly walked back, giving him a little space. How could he react like this? I never thought he would scare me, but he has me scared for my life. I knew my next words should be carefully chosen.

" Trent you know me. You will always be the first man I have ever loved. I know Negan has down terrible things, but he has also done some good things too. He is willing to make a new deal, just stop this war nonsense.

It will only get more people killed. Even Sasha is willing to start over. If she can set aside her hate, then so can  we."

Trent shoved me, almost making me fall to the ground. I caught myself on the couch, barely missing the hardwood floor.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You are not the same man. Your hate has turned you into someone I don't know. The old Trent would have been willing to make peace, not want bloodshed.

You have to be willing to let me go, and move on. I know it will be hard, but it can be done. If you can't deal with that, then maybe you should leave. Start someplace new, away from Negan."

His shoulders slumped, while his hands gripped the door frame to his room. " I can't be happy till he is dead. He won't let me live after I betrayed him by leaving, and helping Daryl escape. It's my life or his. This feud will never end until he is dead."

My fingers ran through my hair aggressively, as I paced around the room. He isn't willing to end this, so maybe I have too. I hoped it wouldn't come to this, maybe it's for the best.

My hands reached for my gun hidden in my jacket. My hands trembled as I aimed it at the man I used to love.

" I can't let you hurt him. I don't know what I feel for him yet, but I want to find out. I won't let you take him from me." 

You can do this Addison.

His body stiffened,  as he turned around, with his hands held up.

" What are you going to do? Shoot me? You wouldn't do that!" He spat.

" You aren't giving me a choice. You won't give up, so I have to take you to him. Maybe after you cool off in a cell, you will see the light. I won't let him kill you."

" I refuse to go back to that hell hole. You will have to kill me!"

Is he serious?

" I won't kill you. I love you. Don't you get that? I may not be in love with you anymore, but I still care about you.
I could never hurt you."

His eyes softened slightly,  as he processed my words. He chewed on his bottom lip, trying to decide his next move.

His body slowly moved closer to me. He gently took me in his arms, engulfing me in his strong embrace.
" I love you so much. I just hope you can forgive me one day. "

My eyebrows furrowed,  as I lifted my head off his chest.

" What do you mean forgive you for what?"

Just then a small prick was felt on my neck. My eyes became heavy,  as darkness consumed me.

Trent's P.O.V

Her body went limp against mine, as she crumpled into my arms. I gently carried her down the steps to the basement. I laid her on the small bed, then covered her with a blanket.

Sasha' s plan had worked, she knew if she told Addison of our plans, then she would come here to stop me.
Now, she is safe, and we can finally get rid of Negan.

I shut the door then locked it, making sure she can't escape. I picked up the radio,  to inform Rick we are ready.

" Rick, I have her. She is safe with me. I am heading to Alexandria in the morning. We will be ready to get rid of this asshole once and for all."

" Good. I am glad Addison is safe. Once Negan is gone, she will be back with us. I know it."

" I hope so.  See you in the morning."

" Okay man, stay safe."

" You too."

I can only hope it all goes well. If it does, we can start over,  and she will learn to love me again.

I hope.