Sick Bees {Dave x Sollux}

FLUFF-O-METER: ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ (9/10 )

SADSTUCK-O-METER: φφ (2/10 φ)

He was absolutely pitiful.

The Captor had been curled up like that for only a few minutes and Dave was already feeling the urge that came along with seeing a loved one get sick - the urge of "Oh shit, I gotta take care of them or else they might die."

Sollux was currently sitting on the couch, knees tucked to his chest, feet crossed and toes curled. He was huddled in Dave's quadrant comforter - a coincidental name for said blanket - and was trying to forget about the crap that ailed him by distracting himself with any human comedian he could find on Netflix. Every few seconds, the troll would sniffle or cough, cheeks tinted pale yellow with fever. Under the fluffy cocoon, he was a trembling mess, the sprinkling of a cold sweat wetting his brow and causing his hair to stick to his thin, angular face.

In front of him, on the coffee table, sat his glasses, a box of tissues (along with some used ones), a few containers of painkillers, and a glass of water. With it being around midnight, Dave was tired and confused as to why the troll hadn't passed out yet. He had remembered the first time Sollux had come to Earth. He'd been as busy as a bee at night, but had crashed during the day. At first, the Strider had thought it was just an odd schedule of his, but he'd soon come to realize that trolls were nocturnal. That didn't explain now though, long after the Gemini had adapted to sleeping as humans did. Either way, the sad sight of his ill boyfriend sitting in the dark with only the company of the comedians onscreen made Dave's heart ache a little.

He had left his shades in his room, having just emerged to find where his blanket and little troll had gone off to, so of course he was stuck in a baggy t-shirt and grey sweatpants. His hair was a total mess as well, but since when did he care how Sollux saw him? He shuffled closer, his movements surprisingly rather quiet as he rounded the side of the couch. "Hey," he offered in greeting, red eyes glistening in the light of the television. His gaze was soon met by the two-toned one of the yellowblood.

Oh no. He was pathetic. He'd almost forgotten how pitiable this snarky asshole could be, and he couldn't stand those big, almost puppy-dog eyes. "What are you doing out here?"

The Captor blinked once before returning his eyes to the screen, expression blank. He wasn't amused by the jokes that spilled from the speakers, and Dave couldn't blame him. He wouldn't be very amused with much of anything either if he was in Sollux's position. The human took a deep breath, shuffling on his bare feet a moment and glancing at the T.V. "Kevin Hart?" He looked back at Sollux, expecting an answer of some kind.

He didn't receive one.

The Strider made a slight face of "I'm trying here" before trying again. "Wanna come back to bed?"

Again, no response was given.

Dave snorted a bit. He would have started to get impatient had it not of been for the fact that he was tired and that Sol just looked so damned heart-breaking right now. "Mind if I join you then?" He smiled just vaguely when the troll looked at him again. He almost "Aww'ed" at the Gemini when he held his scrawny arms out and reached for the human, causing the blanket to fall away.

Not being able to say no to the pitiful creature, the Strider moved in and leaned down, embracing the painfully thin troll as he shifted to sit down next to him. He swore he heard his heart crack when the yellowblood wouldn't let go, Sollux clinging tightly to him and burying his face into the other's chest. Dave bit his lip, eyebrows creasing. The poor thing must be feeling so awful.

"Come 'ere," he hummed, sitting back against the couch and pulling his boyfriend into his lap. Keeping one arm around the clinging troll, he used the other to carefully maneuver the blanket back around the two of them. "Geez, you're burning up."

Sollux uttered only a heart-wrenching whimper, closing his heavy eyes and sniffling as he huddled close. He laid his head on Dave's chest, curling against him as the Strider cradled him. "Shhh," Dave hushed, petting the other's hair softly. "I've got you, I've got you."

Watching the troll, he saw the slightly pained expression on the Captor's features, lips drawn back just vaguely and his fangs protruding as usual. His brow was furrowed and he made a sort of ick noise that sounded almost like a kitten when it sneezes. The Strider's heart melted. In his mind, he was wondering just how the fuck this guy was being so damn cute. Hell, Dave didn't even fall this hard for baby animals. Regardless, he didn't care. In all honesty, he didn't want the cute to end, but he did want Sollux to get better, and he knew he couldn't have both.

Sighing, he hushed the troll again, continuing to pet his hair and try to soothe him. He felt like a mother with her child, and it was a strange feeling. But it was like instinct. And instinct he honestly didn't know he had.

Taking a deep breath, he laid his head against the back couch cushions and closed his eyes. They were both tired, he just hoped that Sollux felt well enough to actually get some rest. He didn't want the poor guy staying up all night. From what he felt in his arms though, the way that Sollux seemed to be relaxing, the Gemini would be out rather soon. He looked down again and gave a soft smile upon finding the troll with closed eyes and a more peaceful expression. He pressed his lips to the other's burning forehead and whispered, "Sleep well, honey bee."