Chapter 1

In all honesty—Hanzo was a blatant mystery. He was a riddle begging to be solved and Jesse had every ounce of energy in his body to solve him. Hanzo was one of the most quiet teammates he knew in overwatch. Sure Mei could be quiet—but even she had positivity radiating off of her. Hanzo on the other hand was only ever in a good mood when drunk. Jesse took advantage of those moments and laughed with hanzo, but when Hanzo came out of his room the next morning he was back to his usual self; grumpy with nothing much to say. His brother invited him back to Overwatch not too long ago, telling Mccree that he was a pleasure to be around. Jesse wasn't quite sure why Genji had said that about his brother, since he knew Hanzo was the one to murder him—but he assumed the best and put on a happy face for Genji when his brother finally arrived. He was most definitely intrigued when he first saw Hanzo coming to the base. He was far from what he thought he would look like. Jesse had pictured an ugly man, but instead found a beautiful handsome man walking into the base. This wasn't really what Jesse needed—there were already enough beautiful people banded to Overwatch, now another one? But he was grateful to realize just how much of an asshole Hanzo really was. He assumed it would make him less attracted to Hanzo then he already was but of course—he got the short end of the stick. Hanzo looked like an absolute gem almost every time of the day. When he woke up and got tea in the morning—his hair was beautifully put up into a messy bun. His shirt almost always tight enough to see his perfectly sculpted body. He had to look away every morning just so he wouldn't objectify him—he was just so perfectly... perfect. The first time Hanzo had actually said something to Jesse was about 2 months after he was recruited. They were on a mission and Mccree just so happened to be in the line of sight of a sniper. Hanzo quickly shot the sniper down and looked at Jesse with a smirk, "You owe me." Jesse just about melted into the ground after the incident but carried on with the mission—trying not to get distracted by how this handsome man just saved his life. He could literally gush about him all day—yet they had barely talked. Mccree had plenty of times to talk to him too, but somehow he was always interrupted by someone, and Hanzo always seemed to make an escape to where Jesse couldn't engage in a conversation. It was tiring for the cowboy, and soon enough he started to give up. He had been going at this for the last 5 months and there was no hope for him—until Jack Morrison decided to be an absolute godsend and pair them up to go on an important mission together. Many of the overwatch recruits were paired up and sent off together to do missions. Some small—some large, but Jack had luckily placed them on one of the longer ones. When he assigned this to them, Hanzo had not a single emotion on his face while just about everyone else at the table looked at Mccree, with their own version of a smug look. Jesse's crush was obvious—but it seemed to just about everyone that Hanzo was clueless. Maybe he was just playing dumb; and he actually liked Mccree, but Jesse denied that. Hanzo was too much of a gentlemen to do that—or at least that's what his brother had claimed. When the meeting was over—Jack took the two of them aside to discuss the details.
"You two are to go to Rialto, and watch over Talon. You'll be disguised as a couple and you will be given fake names. We'll supply the fake passports obviously and-" At that point—Jesse had blocked everything else Jack was saying out of his mind. All he had heard was that they were assigned to be a couple. Jack had said it was the only way to put two men in Rialto without being suspicious, especially since Rialto wasn't the type of city for roommates to be sharing an apartment in, the apartments were too expensive. Only a married couple would spend that much money living there, and to Jack, Hanzo and Jesse seemed like a perfect pick. Jesse had hit the absolute jackpot, and Hanzo still had that same look on his face—uninterested. When they were given their supplies and their cover identities, they headed out, going on a train to get there. Jack had given the directions of where to go after the train had stopped and the both of them were on their way. The train ride there was just about as silent as their relationship had been for the last few months—but finally Jesse decided to speak to him. "So, how are you liking Overwatch?" He had said. Hanzo was looking out the window when he asked this and quickly turned his head—a little alarmed that the cowboy had talked to him. He thought for a minute, and then sighed. "Why are you asking?" He asked, now looking at him from the side instead of directly facing him. Jesse seemed to break a bit of a sweat—Hanzo intimidated him a bit, causing him
to press his tongue on the top of his mouth; stressing to come up with an answer.
"Just tryna... strike a conversation. We don't know eachother well and if we're expected to act as a couple, then I'm sure it would be a hell of a lot easier to get to know each other." He put on a bright smile—which almost seemed to push Hanzo away, causing him to regret anything he had ever said. "It's totally cool if you don't want to though, just considering for the mission's sa-" He was cut off, "You talk way too much gunslinger." Hanzo said, looking out the window again. Jesse slunk down into his seat a bit; sighing. He took that as a hint to stop talking and didn't talk to hanzo the rest of the way there. Once they had reached their stop, Jesse offered to help hanzo carry his belongings—in which he declines of course. The rest of the walk there was Mccree trying to figure out where their apartment was, silently guiding Hanzo to their new living space for the next few months. The breeze offered a bit of a cool off for Jesse as he guided his crush. Even interacting with Hanzo stressed him out, and he started to reconsider if this was really a good idea. But what could go wrong.... right?