Prologue

"It's pathetic, is it not?"

Shut up

"You let him die so young. He didn't even know he was being lied to."

Shut your stupid mouth

"It's hard to believe that you loved him so. The poor boy was such a troubled soul."

Why are you telling me this?

"Because I find it amusing. There was so much you could have done, yet you didn't do it. And what's even better? You died with him."

Of course I did. Like you said, you wretched creature, I loved him. I BELONGED to him!

"And belonged to him you did. Until the very end. How sweet, but you're dead."

Leave me be. I'd save him if I could start over, but salting my wounds wont bring him back. So STOP TORTURING ME ABOUT IT!

"I have no doubt that you would rectify your mistakes, but I question such ambition. You humans are so predictable, and from what I've learned from your kind is that you all seem to be adamant on acquiring what you want in the present. Only to become bored and toss it aside for something to entertain you more sufficiently. How can I be so certain that you only want this boy because you're desperate for mere entertainment until you come across a superior man?"

Don't say such things you filth. If you should know, he was my everything. I died with him, cried with him, LOVED him. Does this not speak for itself?!

"I suppose you have a point. Should I grant you the ability to relive such a life, you may just surprise me."

You say you grant me a second life, but why would the likes of you do such a thing?

"I exist to alter fates that played out wrongly. Your's was pitifully doomed from the start, but I'm certain you can stitch what was so violently reaped."

But what do you gain from such an existence? Surely this new start of mine comes at a hefty price.

"Clever thinking on your part, but I only gain an entertaining story. You, however, gain a rather anomalous property. You can call it whatever you like, but you're essentially reborn as a mutant. A mutation of my choosing at that."

So I become an anomaly. This second chance isn't easy is it? But what can I expect when... I let him....

"I grant you this chance whenever you feel the time is right. I'm not as heartless as I may like to make myself appear, but know that I only do this for you because you died incorrectly. Your life had unfortunately ended as a mistake to the death records. You caused a lot of unnecessary paperwork you know."

Paperwork? Ha. Well, at least I made someone suffer with my death.

"That you did."

How does this work exactly. What if i agree to this?

"You'll be reborn as a completely different entity. Your memories of your past life and this conversation will be rendered as dormant memories. It's my job to aid you in successfully redeeming yourself in your new life. The moment you encounter him you'll immediately notice your connection with him. Your memories that lay dormant within you will emerge slowly. However, you'll only remember what is necessary in order to prevent what has happened in this world today.

I accept this offer. Resurrect me at once.

"So soon. You're a very eager soul."

Stop wasting my time. I need to see him. He's everything I have.

"Very well. I look forward to watching this play out."

And with a bright flash of light, a soul was reborn.