Chapter 1

"Connor!" My mum shouted up the stairs "Breakfast, now!!"
Groaning I got out of bed, pulled on my ink black hoodie,which stank of smoke, and slowly made my way downstairs. Just as I was about to enter the room I heard Zoe complain "Connor finished the milk!" I chuckled lightly to myself.

I scoffed down a bowl of milk less cereal and ran back to the comfort of my room, avoiding my mums questions about my whereabouts last night, where I sat down at my computer and started typing an email:
Dear Evan Hansen,
Today is going to be a horrible day and here's why: because my mum is asking about last night and I don't know what to say to her. How can I tell her about you, about us and most importantly about how much I love you. If I could tell her about everything I do, she'd freak out and start another of her crazy 'experiments' like when she was Buddhist, when she did Pilates or when she went Free Range. I can't handle this anymore, I have to tell someone.
Sincerely, Me.

I pressed send without reading it twice and got up to get ready for school, but then it dawned on me. What if Evan couldn't handle this pressure and ends it with me. I know he hasn't told anyone yet either. "Fu**" I muttered under my breath. I ran back over to my computer but the email had already sent. "Fu**" I screamed apparently louder than intended as Zoe, who was walking past, shouted back "Language, Connor!"