East Coast 1

Ebony|E

*6 Months Later*

"Uh, yes mama." I sighed, placing a hand on my round belly and the other for support against the counter.

"You okay, baby?" She asked, walking over.

"Mhm, heartburn." I say, patting my chest.

"Oh, you want some medicine? Lil Ayden's gonna come out with a head full of hair." She jokes, placing a hand on my stomach.

"He better." I grunt, sitting down. Mama came to Atlanta to help me around and help me with the baby when he comes.

"Heard from Tay?" She looked at me with a sympathetic face.

"Heard from him? I haven't talked to him, but I do have 13 missed calls from him." Yeah, he's been trying to contact me since I posted my first sonogram. Only reason I haven't blocked him is because I wanna give him that test, then I'll block him.

Terry 💛: got it. But I'll come a little later

Terry and I are good friends, he knew Ayden wasn't his but still gave me support. I truly didn't deserve him and I wished I would've gotten pregnant by him in the first place because he is SO sweet and gentle.

Mama set some of the medicine on the table in a small cup.

"Ma, can you give me some water? I'm sorry..." I apologized as I huffed.

"That's okay, baby." She tells me. She sits a cup of ice water on the table, then sits opposite of me with her own. I kiss and whistle at my blue pitt named Boss. I got him a little while after I found out I was pregnant. I thought I was gonna need some extra company. He comes and sits at my feet.

"I talked to your dad today." She tells me in a soft voice.

"Oh really?" I ask while taking another sip of my water and rubbing Boss on the head.

"He said he really wants to see you."

"You send him a picture?" She chuckled.

"You know what I mean, Ebony." I shook my head, putting down the glass.

"He's crazy." She was silent for a minute. "He tried to kidnap me."

"And I...tried to sell you for drugs—" She struggled to finish the sentence.

"Mama, I don't wanna hear about that." I tell her as her eyes got glossy.

"I know, and I don't wanna talk about it, but I gotta make a point. That what I did was way worse than moving states to start over, and you forgave me. Now, I'm not excusing him for that bullshit, but I do know how he feels." She tells me, tears rolling down her face. I sit back and bite my lip.

She had a point.

"Mama, I just...I get it. But, I don't know." She nodded.

"I know you're not just gonna up and say yes. Think about it." I nodded. "And think about calling Taymor back too, even if it is just to shoot him a bird through the screen." I laughed as she did. That did sound nice right about now. Speaking of the devil.

Maybe: Tay
would like to FaceTime

"It's him."

"Just in time. I'll be on the balcony." She blew me a kiss and went out of the room. Boss followed her as I answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered, stone faced.

"Hey." He smiled like everything was good.