21- Third task part 2

21

Hermione waited patiently and anxiously for Harry and her boyfriend to return. She had stared at the maze for hours as there were shouts and yells heard from inside, and Professor Moody told Ludo Bagman what was happening and he announced it to the crowd. Hermione, however, was still not satisfied. She felt as though simply hearing what was happening inside wasn't enough.

"Mr. Cedric Diggory has successfully defeated the Sphinx's riddle! He has now completed his first obstacle, and is continuing further into the maze!" He shouted, earning an eruption of cheers and shouts from Hermione and her classmates. Hermione hugged Ginny, who was sitting next to her as she screamed from excitement.

"Blimey, Hermione! My ears!" Ginny cried as she covered them to block out how loud Hermione was being.

Not soon after, a series of red sparks showered above the maze, causing a burst of murmurs of concern.

"What's happening?" Hermione heard Dean Thomas say.

"Someone's hurt! They're forfeiting!" Replied Seamus Finnigan.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it seems that Ms. Fleur Delacour has been attacked, and will now be returning from the maze!" Shouted Ludo Bagman to the crowd. The French students from Beauxbatons all gasped with shock and several of the male students frowned.

"Attacked?" Hermione asked the Weasleys. "From a task or from a person?"

The Weasleys simply shrugged and shook their heads. They were too engrossed in the competition to even process the reality of what she had asked.

Soon, an unconscious Fleur Delacour was pulled out of the maze on a stretcher by Professor Dumbledore and Madame Pomfrey, who was impatiently treating her as they walked towards the medical tent.

Not long after that, more sparks shot into the air and Hermione tapped her foot impatiently as Ludo Bagman listened to what Professor Moody was saying.

"LADIES AND GENTS! MISTER HARRY POTTER HAS JUST SAVED CEDRIC DIGGORY FROM THE WRATH OF VIKTOR KRUM! KRUM IS NOW FORFEITING FROM THE TOURNAMENT!"

"I knew it! I didn't think any obstacle would injure a contestant so badly that they needed to forfeit," Hermione said.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever Hermione. It's down to Harry and Pretty BoyDiggory now," Ron replied with a grin. Hermione glared at him and turned her attention back to the competition.

Several loud "boo"'s could be heard from the Durmstrang students, and Professor Snape and a disappointed Igor Karkaroff emerged from the maze with Krum on a stretcher. He too was pulled into the medical tent, where Hermione could see Madame Pomfrey rushing around stressfully.

"MISTER HARRY POTTER AND CEDRIC DIGGORY HAVE SEEN THE TRIWIZARD CUP! ITS A RACE TO THE FINISH! BUT WHAT'S THIS? They've both been attacked by an acromantula!" Shouted Ludo Bagman.