t w e l v e

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀—𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵—

𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙏𝙒𝙀𝙇𝙑𝙀
—𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘱𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘵—

BEXLEY FOLLOWED BEHIND Spencer, adjusting the new belt that hung loosely around her waist. As it tightened up, she met his pace, and they continued walking without a word. It was better to not ask questions; they would be informed of their new mission in a matter of minutes. And it seemed that, lately, General Organa had grown accustomed to Bexley's impatience, and told them their duties straight away.

This time, however, the meeting was confidential, and they were to immediately report to her office as soon as possible. Poe and three other pilots would be there, too. But that was as much information as they were allowed. Anything else, and they'd be forced to wait. Along with a sealed letter than read 'your eyes only', a customized pilot suit was wrapped in clear plastic. Bexley's fit perfectly, and she noticed that Spencer's did, too. It was obvious this mission had been planned for a while.

It had been nearly a month since Poe and Bexley arrived back from their trip to Takodana. They found nearly nothing in their three days of searching the area, and Dawn still hadn't uncovered any secrets. It wasn't a surprise, anyway, as Bexley didn't expect anything less than that. And when they got back, things went back to normal.

Bexley wasn't required to attend the flight academy anymore, and Spencer and Heath graduated not too long afterwards. She and Poe spent more time together than usual, and their bond grew stronger. But lately, it was as though they didn't have enough time for each other. With tight schedules, they were forced to spend hours and days apart. And, hopefully, that was about to change.

"Good morning," General Organa greets as Spencer and Bexley enter her office, taking seats in front of her.

Bexley took a seat next to Poe, and Spencer took his other side. The three others- some she hadn't recognized- were in their seats, too, looking to the general expectantly. The blonde had to admit; she was curious, too.

"I've brought you all here for an important mission, as you know," Leia says, clearing her throat as she looks among them. "Each of you have proved your worth in the pilot courses, and as you've probably heard, the First Order is up and running. Lately, we've been noticing more of their actions.

"They haven't been too careful with concealing their plans, so we've been watching as they build . . . something. We aren't sure what yet, but it surely can't be good. And as it turns out, we'll be sending all of you to check it out. You'll be divided up; three will bomb their major quarters, and three others near the back. We need to see what we're up against, even if we can't destroy it."

As Leia finished, Bexley let out a heavy breath. She had grown used to the many missions she had to go on; most of which involved the First Order.