Chapter 6

I sat up and gasped to the surprise of cold water as it was splashed onto my face. "Come on!" Durai said as he threw the wooden bucket into the back of the buggy. "ASSHOLE!" I yelled at him as I stood up. I wiped my face with the bottom of my shirt and hopped into the back of the buggy. "You sorta needed that. I mean, you really were starting to smell," Erin said. I glared at her. Culir jumped in the back of the buggy and sat next to me. "She just can't handle our manly musk," he said as he raised his arms, letting out a foul odor from his armpits. "What the hell died?" Faris gagged as he was rolling up the animal furs. "Your manhood. That's what!" Culir yelled back at him. I couldn't help but let out a chuckle. As soon as Durai and Faris got in the buggy, we were off.

Hours passed and we still had not stopped. I was hanging out of the buggy, counting every pebble on the dirt road we passed. I think I had counted forty-six. I wasn't sure. "Are we there yet?" Erin groaned as she let her arm dangle out of the buggy. "Yes Erin! We have been there for the past hour now! We just wanted to drive around in a circle though!" Culir yelled. Erin sat up and looked around. "Hey, we aren't there!" Erin shouted back. "No shit!" Culir shouted back. "Calm the hell down!" Durai shouted at both of them. This road trip was getting to all of us. Erin and Culir started to settle down. 

The air soon started to get cold, and it sent a wave of chill bumps down my spine. "Why the hell is it so cold?" Durai said, shivering. "We're close to the cave," Faris said. Soon enough, we arrived. As we got our weapons ready, we had a quick meeting before entering the cave. "When we get to the Axel, remember our arrangements," Durai said. Everyone nodded. I looked at the cave doors. They were wooden doors, with iron bars in front of it. Two torches were on each side of the door, with a blue flame, glowing from each torch. In the center of the wooden door, was a metal skull, with glowing purple eyes. One glimpse from it sent goosebumps down my body. Culir nudged my arm with his elbow. "Scared?" he chuckled. "No way!" I laughed, punching his gut. "Better not be. Now come on!" Durai commanded as he pushed the wooden doors open. The doors made a loud creaking noise as it slowly slid open. Nobody entered the cave, but instead they all stood still. I gripped my sword as tight as I could, and walked inside the dreary cave.

Limestone was scattered all over the cave walls, along with a glowing purple ooze. The floors felt smooth though, like polished marble. The air was warm and moist, which kept us all sweaty. "Are we there yet?" Erin groaned as she slowly dragged her feet. "Not even close," Culir groaned back. We have only been in this cave for about thirty minuets, but it felt like an hour. Just before we all took a rest, a ghost popped out. It made a loud screech before it flew down to attack us. I raised my sword and sliced it in two. The ghost soon vanished, turning into green pixels. "You guys okay?" I asked as I turned around to look at the others. They all gulped and nodded. I was surprised to see the shocked expression on Durai's face;instead I just chuckled in silence. 

Hours flew by, and we still hadn't reached the Boss's Lair. "Let's just sit for at least five minutes!" Faris whined. "Yeah, my feet are killing me!" Culir groaned. "I feel you!" Erin then cried to Culir. "That's kinky," Faris said back to Erin. Soon, everyone got into a big, bitchy argument. I sat down and tried to block all their commotion out. Suddenly, it sounded like their commotion had ended. "A chest!" Erin shouted. I looked up to find her pointing to a small chest in another part of the cave. It was in a small, room like area, with glowing purple rocks around the entrance. I watched Durai and the rest of the group run towards it;like kids in a candy shop. 

I was still sitting down, still lying against the cave walls, watching them try to open the wooden chest. "I think I almost got it!" Durai grunted as he tried to force it open with his sword. Before he knew it, his sword's blade snapped off. As soon as it snapped off, a loud screech filled the entire cave. The purple glow from the walls turned red, and a clear shield blocked the entrance of the room with the chest. Durai, Culir, Faris and Erin all ran up to the shield. They began banging their fist on it, screaming and crying for help. I ran up to the shield and started banging on it too. "Get us out!" Erin cried. I started to hit the shield with my sword. It was still no use. The screeching soon stopped, but only to find three, big, green ghost fill the room my group was in. Those ghost couldn't be killed with any bow or sword, unless it was enchanted, like mine was. 

"Faris say some magical chant or something!" I yelled at him. He was frozen solid. They all were. I kept banging on the shield, but it didn't do anything. Suddenly, the ghost possessed Durai, causing him to stab and attack Erin and Faris. I squinted my eyes shut and covered my ears. It didn't do any good though. I still heard the screams and cries of those two. I opened my eyes to find Durai, still possessed, grabbing Culir by his neck. "Durai stop it!" I screamed. I felt hot tears stream down my face. The palms of my hands felt sore, and my throat burned with every word I screamed out of it. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. "Don't do it! Stop it damn you!" I screamed louder. I closed my eyes, but still heard the screams of Culir. My whole body shook with fear and pain. I soon heard Durai's bones crack and shatter, knowing the ghosts had killed him on the inside. The ghost soon vanished, and everything turned back to the way it was. The shield opened and the rocks turned back to purple. The only problem was, that my best friend was dead.