Ch. 1

George's PoV

I always dread the moment my alarm goes off at six thirty in the morning. Because I know that means I have to wake up. In fact, the actual need to wake up early doesn't really fase me. It's the fact that I have to return to that hell hole I'm forced to call a school. I groan after hearing the familiar sound. The only other thing worse than waking up to an alarm is waking up to an alarm on a Monday morning.

After slamming my hand down to silence the alarm clock, I lie in bed for a good ten minutes, trying to mentally prepare myself for the day ahead. Once I'm mildly prepared, I decide I've wasted enough time and get out of bed, groaning once again when my bones makes a dangerously similar sound to a crack. I walk over to my wardrobe and grab a black t-shirt and some navy blue jeans. I then walk to the bathroom, my eyes still partially closed.

After showering, getting my clothes on and attempting to make my hair and failing miserably, I walk downstairs and begin to make myself some breakfast.

"Good morning George." I jump at the sound of my mothers voice as she joins me in the kitchen.

"Jesus, you scared me." I mumble. "But good morning."

"I need to run, but there's some money on the hall for lunch and I'll be back by about 7 tonight. If you have anyone over later, don't make a mess and don't touch the cake in the fridge. Have a good day!" I try my best to listen to everything my mum says as she runs out the room, lightly kissing my forehead on the way, but I don't quite catch it all. Oh well, can't be that important if she's telling me on a Monday morning, knowing I'm still half-asleep.

Once I've finished breakfast, I notice I'm going to be late and, running, I grab my bag and money and run out the door. There, standing by my gate, is my best mate Blake. He's looking down at his phone, madly typing. He doesn't notice I'm here until I softly clear my throat. He looks up and cracks a smile.

"Hey mate." We bro hug and begin walking towards the school.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask. He sighs dramatically before answering.

"I forgot to do my Geography homework. I've asked Ali if she's done it but she's not answering, and if I don't find a solution soon Mr Kans will give me another detention, and I can't let that happen." He explains. I roll my eyes.

"Wow, what a life, being a procrastinator." I say. He looks at me, his eyebrows furrowed and he fakes a shocked expression.

"I wasn't procrastinating this time. I actually forgot." He complains.

"I guess you also forgot that I had reminded you to write it down somewhere, and you said you'd do that later but then you didn't?" I snicker at the glare he sends me.

"Whatever. I'm just not looking forwards to any of the classes today. And we're only in like two together!" He whines, slowing down his pace even more when he notices the school come into view.

"Speak for yourself, I'm alone in most of my classes. At least you have Ali or Sam for some of them." Ali and Sam are some of our other friends. I'm not anywhere near as close with them as I am with Blake though. We've been best friends since kindergarten, no one could break us.

We soon get to school and need to split paths to go to our lockers. I keep my head down as I walk through the corridor, not in the mood to greet anyone. When I finally get to my locker, I open in and grab my English and Maths books, considering I had those classes next. It's not until I finish struggling to stuff my bag into the small space that I realise the the locker next to mine, that had previously been empty, now had a lock on it. I raise my eyebrow, looking around the hall for the first time today but not noticing anyone I didn't recognise. I shrug, grabbing my books and heading off to English. Yay, fun.

Half way through English, the class is interrupted by the principal. Not only is English extremely boring, but it's also lonely considering I don't have anyone to sit next to, so therefore the interruption doesn't go unwanted. I watch the principal walk in, followed by a boy I didn't recognise. He had brownish blonde hair and wore round glasses that didn't manage to hide his bright eyes. He was looking down at his hands, that were fiddling nervously.

"Sorry to interrupt your class-" I most definitely don't mind,"-but I just wanted to introduce you to our newest student, Reece Bibby. He's been transferred here and I expect you too all help him settle in. That's all. Reece, feel free to find somewhere to sit." I watch as the shy boy reluctantly looks up, scanning to room for an empty seat. He notices the one next to me is free, but he seems hesitant, so I gesture him to come sit. He gives me a very slight smile before slowly making his way over. His head is still facing the ground as he walks towards me, and when he arrives he only lifts his head for a second and immediately looks down when he catches my eyes, blushing slightly. I'm surprised at this fact, but try my best to not let it show. When he's sat down, I lean towards him slightly before speaking.

"Hey, I'm George." I say.

"H-hi, I'm R-reece." I'm stunned slightly by his soft voice and his stuttering, and I'm immediately aware of my slight attraction towards this boy. It's no secret that I'm attracted to guys, and it just so happens the shy ones are my favourites.