|| Parties and Feelings ||

Jennifer sighed, as she sat down on the plastic chair at the end of a long day of shooting. Their director, Aniruddh was watching the scene she had just filmed alongside Harshad. It was quite a romantic scene where Harshad held her in his arms for a photoshoot that they were doing for their company.  Jennifer got a look of the scene and saw Aniruddh's smile grow as the scene progressed.

"Your chemistry with Harshad is always crackling, y'know?"

She looked away listening to her director, "it's called acting."

Jennifer always liked to keep things professional on the set, especially when it came to co-actors. What happened on the set of one of her old shows was something she didn't want to relive. Harshad was a genuinely nice guy, though. He had been nothing but sweet to her and their level of understanding only grew with each day. When it came to doing romantic scenes with him, she just went with the flow and it seemed like romance came naturally to them.

She had decided not to look into the matter too much because that would only complicate things on the professional front. Whenever somebody complimented their chemistry, she quickly brushed it off by calling it acting or the equation of the characters or basically the first thing that came to her mind.

"I guess, I'm going to leave now."
Jennifer heard Harshad's voice behind her chair. Aniruddh got up and gave Harshad a quick side hug to bid him goodbye since he wasn't shooting the next day. She, however, waited to think what she should do. She hadn't felt this nervous before with any of her co-actors and even though Harshad and her had quickly become really god friends, she didn't know what level of closeness she should maintain with him.

Suddenly, she felt Harshad's hand on her shoulder and he bopped his head lightly against hers saying, "bye!"

Fair enough. She smiled at him and said nothing. Harshad proceeded to leave from there and Jennifer went to her vanity van to change so she could get ready to leave to.

In just another 10 mins, Jennifer had taken out her extensions, rinsed off her makeup and changed into her comfortable clothes. Just then, a message popped on her phone. She opened the message that had been from Sehban asking her to join their group of friends to surprise a very dear friend of hers whom she liked to call, Pratz.'
Without thinking, Jennifer responded with, "Yes, of course. I'll tell Harshad too."

As she hit, send', she realised that Sehban had actually not mentioned Harshad at all. It happened by instinct since Harshad had been making his way into their years old friend circle really quickly. His personality was fun and amicable and all of her friends were always all praises for him. Since him Pratz were also friends, it seemed only normal for him to come along for the midnight birthday surprise. Right?

She continued to justify herself in her mind, when she suddenly realised that Harshad had probably left. Hastily, she got out of her vanity and shouted his name. Everyone on the set who was busy packing up for the day, turned to look at her in surprise. Jennifer's cheeks flushed with hues of red as embarrassment took over her. Not the best idea to shout his name out of the blue, she told herself.

"Yes?" Harshad's voice came as a relief to her ears. She saw him standing beside Aniruddh so they were probably having a last minute conversation about something.

Ignoring the stairs and Harshad's confused voice when he responded to her, Jennifer walked towards them.
"What happened, Jenny? Is everything okay?" The concern and confusion in his voice was clear and she smiled when he called her, "Jenny." That's what everybody including him called but this time, it just made her smile for a reason, she failed to understand.