Chapter 3

The sun is high today and winter flowers bloom in every corner of the Derellium Pack. It's amazing to see the colors brightening the usual white background which covers most of the pack-ground. Pack members piling up on the street corner of Camellia's town, a commemoration to the Late Queen of Úlfr Kingdom because her birth-place came from this pack. 

People sell trinkets, fresh vegetables, fruits and fresh meat on this fine day. It's profitable for small businesses and none wouldn't miss such an opportunity. There are also visitors from different packs which is also the source of income to Derellium Pack. All because they are the pilgrim to climb on the famous Seven Thousand Steps to reach the Moon Temple high up on the Mountain of Lupus. Hotels are always packed with newcomers and never been empty from the time Elders open the door to the temple. It is the perfect place for anyone seeking redemption and guidance with Moon's blessing.  

The street is filled with people talking animatedly and a woman sips her hot tea outside Rosettes' Cafe. The place is already packed so that's why she chose the chair outside. Eyriel combs her blonde hair with her fingers to tame it a bit after the cold wind blew her hair to her face. She should have tied it. She didn't want to look like a ghost in the middle of the day. After a process of asking permission from her Alpha of Orleon Pack three days ago, she finally had the chance to visit the Derellium pack despite her status as a seer. She needs this to visit the temple due to the nightmare she had a week ago. It scares her to the point of where she is. Though, the only problem she had now is the mystery man from one of her drawings. 

Where could she find him?

She sighed and resumed her drink of Lavender tea. 

At the same time, Alpha Frost is residing on his balcony, overlooking Camellia's town and the number of people climbing on the steps

At the same time, Alpha Frost is residing on his balcony, overlooking Camellia's town and the number of people climbing on the steps. He is still sick but could walk inside his house a bit freely. That amount of exercise is bearable for the sick man and he hates to stay in bed all day. Even his wolf agreed. They need this even though he knew Nana would twist his ear for leaving the bed. This is the only time he has before Nana comes back from her groceries.  

Out of nowhere, the wind blows against him and a faint-sweet scent reaches his nose. It stirs the wolf inside him, Tryx, who now is fully awake due to that scent, "Did you smell that?"

"Yes, and it's very... sweet."

Frost recognizes the scent of mangoes and hibiscus, but he never knew such scent exists in this area, moreover in his pack-ground. It baffles both him and his wolf. Before he could process it further, a knock was heard on the door. He breathes in that faint smell again before saying, "Come in."

A door was opened and a voice he knew too well brought a smile to his face, "What the hell are you doing on the balcony, Alpha?"

He turns his head to see Sandy standing with her hand on her hip and her mate, Lincoln, holding a plastic. Unlike her mate brown eyes and short blonde hair, Sandy has black hair and green eyes with scars on her chin. She is the fierce Head warrior of the Derellium Pack and her fighting skills are phenomenal. She taught and had previous recruits being elected to join the Royal Armies. Her accomplishment is well known in the area and Lincoln is lucky to have her as his mate. Frost is happy for both friends since he knew the shy-Lincoln had a tremendous crush on her since childhood. He smiled warmly at the sight of his friends, "I need air. You know I don't like staying in my room too much."

"But still, it's a windy day and I don't want you getting sicker. Where's Nana, by the way?" Lincoln asked him after he put down the plastic bag and settle on the chair near the Alpha. Sandy sat down next to him and pour the tea for them. 

"Nana went grocery shopping. She planned to make some pumpkin pie since my throat is getting better and the fever is going down, as informed by Doctor Keegan when he came to check me this morning," he answered before sipping his tea. 

"Oh. Before I forget," Lincoln grabs the plastic bag and pulls out a container full of chocolate cookies, "Mother knows you love chocolate so she made these for you."

The sight of chocolate cookies brought an instant smile on his face and sparkles danced in his eyes. Lincoln and Sandy watch in amusement after their Alpha grabs one with eagerness and took one bite. The chocolate melt inside his mouth and he couldn't stop the moan escaping his mouth, "This is so good! Be sure to thank your mother for this sweet."

Lincoln thanked him for the compliment, "Thank you. I'd be sure to inform her later."

Sandy just shakes her head at him, "You should be eating fruits, Alpha. Too much chocolate is not good for your health."

Alpha Frost waved her off, "This is the first time I eat chocolate after a long time. And besides, chocolate is the number one food in my life, Sandy."

She gave a disapproving look, "You told Lincoln to buy chocolates for you yesterday and the day before. The fact that you hid chocolate bars underneath your bed and Nana hadn't seen it is absurd."

Alpha Frost turns to his male friend and glares playfully, "I thought  we were friends, Lincoln."

He shrugs his shoulder with an obvious answer, "She is my mate and she bound to know what we've done sooner or later."

Sandy crossed her arms in front of her and arches an eyebrow at her mate, "Does that mean you don't like me knowing too much?"

His brown eyes widen as a saucer and he knelt down in front of her when she turns the other way with a sad face, "I-I never say I like it. I mean-"

Frost ignore the words his friend said to his mate because he could see Sandy's playfulness. Lincoln would have to work hard earning her forgiveness, he thought and turn to the forest in front of him. Now that his friends found each other as mates, the Alpha wondered what his mate would look like? His minds wander off and the wind blows the same scent again. 

Hopefully, he meets her soon. 

NIGHT NOTE

Hey, Teddy bears! Hope you enjoyed this chapter :) I had time before I went on vacation so here it is! I know it's a bit introduction and I'm glad it's like this. So, let's meet again soon! Peace out. - Nightingale