Stalking

He wasn't aware of it at first. Of course, how could he be aware of it when all his attention had been focused on seeing the boy embarrassing himself? It was quite a funny sight to see.

Still, as the world's greatest hitman, it was a careless and rookie mistake on his part to not notice it.

And what, you may asked, was the thing he wasn't aware of? Well, it's simple really, but it's also a bit hard to believe.

"Dame-Tsuna. Are you stalking?" Was the first thing that had came out of his mouth. He admits, he could have worded it much better than that, but as he said before, it's also a bit hard to believe.

Tsuna had squeaked in surprise when Reborn had asked him, appearing out of nowhere as usual. When he finally calmed his racing heart down, he replayed the words the hitman had uttered to him. A blush immediately appeared.

"Stalking?! W-what?! No! What makes you think I was stalking!?" Tsuna looked at his self-proclaimed tutor like as if he was crazy. Oh wait, Reborn is crazy.

That thought had earned him a whack to the head with a Leon-hammer by yours truly.

"Tsuna, what you're doing right now is called stalking," Reborn patiently said, treating Tsuna like a four-years-old who still thinks that Santa is real. Hmm... Reborn suspects that Tsuna still believes that the jolly old man is real even in his current age.

The brunet vehemently denied that notion. "No! I wasn't stalking! I was observing!" He clarified.

"By watching him behind the wall at a set distance?" Yeah, that's the definition of stalking and Reborn's not buying it.

"Yes! It's safer that way! If I get any closer, I'll get killed!"

"That still doesn't explain why you're stalking him." Reborn pointed out, adamant to see it as stalking because what else could it be?

"I told you I'm observing!" Tsuna rectified. "And he's not using his usual route! That means something is wrong!"

Reborn's brain, he was shamed to admit, had stuttered to a stop for a few seconds before it rebooted.

"You think," he started slowly, "that something is wrong because he isn't using his normal route."

"Yes!!"

"And knowing his usual routes doesn't count as stalking?"

"No!"

Reborn has never felt more ashamed for his student. Not even when Dino had somehow set himself on fire when trying to light up a candle could top this.

"Tsuna," he gave the boy a pointed look. "That's exactly what stalking means." He stressed.

"It's not stalking if it involves my life!" Was what Tsuna had replied with.

"And why does it involves with your life?" Reborn tried to reign in his temper. 'Don't kill him. He's the next heir for Vongola. Don't fucking kill him,' he thought to himself.

"If I know he's usual route, that means I can avoid him. Which means less chance of making contact with him, which means I won't have to talk to him!" Tsuna explained like it was as obvious as the sky being high.

By now, Reborn's grip on his fedora had tightened and the hitman was already counting backwards. "You're saying," he gritted out, "that you stalked him because you don't want to talk with him?"

"Uh... yes?" The teen squeaked.

On that day, Reborn had cemented Tsuna's fear towards him when he forced the young Sky to go through a very gruesome training.

After that horrible and traumatic session, Tsuna had stalked Reborn the same way he had stalked Hibari, but at a much more bigger distance.

Reborn just ignored it, not willing to drag himself into that headache-inducing situation ever again.

"It's not stalking if it saved your life." Tsuna had meekly said when he bumped into Reborn while stalk-ahem, observing his other guardians.

At that point, Reborn doesn't even want to care what his charge is doing.