ii. the one with a lot of regret

CHAPTER TWO
the one with a lot of regret
tws: sexuality assumption, cursing, lots of bugs, p*nnywsie 😔, implied death

CHAPTER TWOthe one with a lot of regrettws: sexuality assumption, cursing, lots of bugs, p*nnywsie 😔, implied death

WHEN SHE THOUGHT ABOUT IT, ASHLEY HARP did not know why she agreed to pretend to be this Eddie kid's girlfriend. She knew pretty much nothing about him. Her first thought had been this'll stop the rumors! and then she remembered she was out of school now, rumors didn't really matter (a lie and she knew it. Greta would fuck with her whenever she got the chance). Also, she'd only be pretending to be his girlfriend for like, a day. That probably wouldn't stop anything. She was pretty sure of that, at least.

"Hello?" A hand was in front of her face, and Ashley blinked, her train of thought disappearing. She glanced down at the Eddie boy, who looked annoyed. Ash wondered if that was just his permanent expression. "I asked what your name was. Also, I'm not short, screw off."

A smile replaced Ashley's confused expression, "I'm Ashley, but Ash works. And you're kinda short."

Eddie scoffed and rolled his eyes, "Whatever, Ashley. I'm gonna introduce you to my friends, okay? I told them I had a girlfriend- a blatant lie- so they'd shut up, and now they wanna meet her- or you. Whatever."

Ashley blinked and nodded as Eddie spoke, "Right... Just, let's go, Shortstack. I've got places to be."

A lie. She didn't.

Eddie shook his head, before leading her over to his group of three friends. Ash stayed silent when they reached, and so did the rest of them. It was awkward as hell, with no one speaking, but the silence was quickly broken by none other than Trashmouth Tozier.

"You're dating the schools lesbian, Eddie?" Richie questioned, and eyebrow raised.

One of the boys- with curly hair- kicked Rich in the shin and Eddie scoffed, rolling his eyes. That made Ash smile.

"She's obviously not a lesbian, you idiot." Eddie huffed.

"Those are just rumors," Ashley spoke, her voice quiet, "They're not true. My name's Ashley." She smiled, "Ash works, though."

More silence.

"Well, god damn, Eds. Didn't think you had it in ya," Richie grinned, "Always thought you were too afraid of being touched 'n shit. 'nd that when you did get the guts to ask someone out, that it would probably be a gu-"

"Shut up, shut up, and don't call me that. I hate it when you call me that." Eddie said with an eyeroll.

Ashley stood there, watching the two bicker, before a different boy sighed and turned to face Ash.

"Since it seems like Eddie's too busy to introduce us, Hi, I'm Stanley. Don't call me that though, call me Stan instead," The kid spoke, before gesturing towards someone next to him, "That's Bill."