Chapter 7

Samantha's POV

I spent my last weekend in Ireland like that. Crying in a hotel room. Sounds like fun? No it doesn't. And I can assure you it was even worse than it sounds like.
After two days of crying, sleeping and ignoring phone calls I had to pack my suitcase and go home to London. Packing took some time, every time I found some piece of clothing that reminded me of Connor I broke down and cried. He had told me that sweater made my eyes look pretty. Was that a lie? Was our whole relationship a lie? Because if it wasn't, than how could he throw it all away?
It was annoying, having so many questions and so few answers. But what annoyed me even more was the fact that I could get my answers if only I could find the courage to ask him all those things. But I was afraid of how I would react. I was afraid of breaking down in front of him, afraid of showing him how much he meant to me and how much he hurt me. But what I feared the most was that it might be wrong, maybe he didn't cheat. Maybe it was a misunderstanding. Because I knew that I couldn't go back to him, no matter what. Because I knew that he would grow tired of me eventually, and he would replace me for someone better. I couldn't blame him.
I had fallen in love, but no one was there to catch me. I hit the ground.
Who was going to pick up the pieces?

Louis POV

It had been a while since I'd heard anything from Samantha. After my interview she had sent me a text, thanking me for the hotel room and the sweet letter I had left her. She also asked if I was okay, she had noticed my bad mood during the interview. I smiled to myself, she had only known me for a few hours and she knew more about me than the boys did already. The boys had always been the ones who knew me the best. Or, well, not always, since X-factor that is. Before that my mum knew me the best.
It was weird to think how much things had changed since that first audition. Even though I complained a little, I didn't regret any of it. This was my life now.
But I was a little worried about Sam, she hadn't seemed like the kind of girl that wouldn't stay in touch. To me, the cab ride seemed like the start of a great friendship, maybe she didn't see it like that. It bothered me more than it should. I couldn't go visit her. Hanna wouldn't like that, Hanna has always been incredibly sweet, but I didn't want to test if she would stay like that if she thought that I was cheating on her. Which I wasn't, of course. But still, Hanna wouldn't like it if I talked to Sam. She didn't understand our friendship, neither did Liam, Zayn or Niall. Only Harry seemed to knew how things were between the two of us. I guess he knew me the best of all the guys. He truly was my best friend.

Samantha's POV

The flight home seemed to take forever. I sat next to an old lady who was snoring loudly in my ear. I tried to block out the sound by putting in ear buds and listening to some very loud music, but it didn't really help. Only gave me a headache.
So there I sat, my head pounding, my heart breaking and my self-image crumbling down. I was on my way home, but that didn't cheer me up in the slightest. I had to face Connor and I knew I wasn't ready for that to happen yet. I hadn't talked to Louis either, I couldn't deal with a 'I told you so' just yet. Even though I knew I had to talk to him sooner or later. Preferably sooner, I didn't want things to get awkward between us because I hadn't kept in touch.
All these thoughts kept spinning around in my head, I had a hard time deciding what to do, but I figured I had to face my fate. I was going to have to talk to Connor. I decided to do it as soon as possible to get it over with.
So when the plane landed and I had collected my suitcase, I picked up my phone and called Connor. He answered it, to my surprise.
'Hey, its Connor.'
I came straight to the point. 'Connor, are you cheating on me?' I asked. I'd wish my voice sounded stronger and angrier, but it didn't. I sounded like a little girl, about to start crying.
'Yes, Samantha. I found someone else. I am sorry, we are done.' He didn't sound sorry at all. He sounded quit glad to be rid of me, actually.
I managed to choke out an 'okay.' Before he hang up on me. And just like that, we were over.

Samantha's POV

Well, that went well, I thought to myself. I hadn't started crying, not on the phone at least. I was a bit proud of myself actually. Just a bit. After Connor had hung up on me I broke down crying, again. I was in the middle of the airport so it earned me quite a few weird glances, I didn't care. After my sobs had quieted down a little I started walking towards the exit, I wanted to go home.
There were a lot of people outside, mostly girls. There was some paparazzi as well, I figured some celebrity was at the airport. Just my luck, not only did I start crying in front of about two hundred people, I also faced pretty much every girl in the country, with red bloodshot eyes. Great.
Luckily they didn't seem to notice me at all. I walked away from the doors as fast as possible, pulling my suitcase behind me. Dang, that thing really was heavy. I continued stumbling forward, my head facing the floor. I didn't want any more people see my o so charming, puffed up eyes. As I reached the street and tried to wink in a cab, the air port entrance opened again and the screaming got louder, a lot louder. Ah, the celebrity has arrived. I thought to myself. I smiled a little at the sight of all those teenage girls, apparently I wasn't the only pathetic one.
My smile left my face, however, when I heard one of the girls scream 'Louis, marry me!'
Louis? Oh no. Oh no no no.
This was not happening. I turned around quickly, I didn't want him to see me like this. I caught the attention of one of the cab drivers and signalled him over. As the cab pulled up in front of me I power walked to the back, pushing my suitcase in the boot, before I opened the door to the back seat. But by then it was already too late.
'Sam?'
Shit.
I felt Louis's grasp around my waist as he lifted me up in a spinning hug. I felt my heart flutter, though I didn't realize why.
'Oh, hi Lou.' I said a bit embarrassed.
'O no, don't you 'hi Lou'- me! Where have you been? Why haven't you answered my phone calls or replied to any of my texts?' He told me with in a stern voice I hadn't heard before. He was about to say more when he looked into my eyes.
'Shit, Samantha. What happened to you? Have you been crying?'
I sighed and smiled sadly up at him. He was more than a head taller than me, a bit intimidating.
'What question do you want me to answer first, Tomlinson?' I asked him mockingly. 'Nice seeing you too.'
He grinned but turned serious again and gave me a 'tell me the truth' look.
'I'm fine.' I told him. It was a lie, Louis knew it too. He gave me a sweet hug and kissed the top of my head. 'Liar.' He mumbled.
I grimaced and was about to answer him when a camera flashed, I realized that our encounter hadn't gone unnoticed. People with big cameras were taking pictures of the two of us and a lot of the girls shot me angry and jealous glances. Louis noticed too.
'Okay, I don't want any excuses from you, Samantha. Go home, clean up and meet me and the guys at my apartment in 2 hours. I'll go handle the press.'
He gave me a quick peck on my cheek before he turned around and walked towards the fans and the paparazzi. I got in the cab as fast as I could and gave the cab driver my address.
Shit just got crazy.

Louis POV

I turned my back to Sam and started making my way to the boys. We allowed the photographers to take a few pictures and we signed a few autographs to some of the girls. It took about half an hour for us to get to our car. As soon as we got in the boys turned to me.
'Who was that?' Liam asked, though I knew he'd already guessed.
'That was Sam.' I told him. The boys nodded. They'd expected that. Niall giggled and Liam and Zayn looked at each other, smiling smugly. Only Harry looked confused.
'Why was she alone?' He asked after a few minutes of silence.
'She came back from Ireland, idiot.' I told him. 'She was there on her own, I got stuck in a cab with her, remember? She was on her way to meet her boyfrie...' I didn't finish my sentence. Of course, Louis you idiot, that's why she had been crying and ignoring my phone calls. She hadn't been too busy hooking up with her stupid boyfriend, Connor hadn't shown up.
Stupid git. How could he do this to a girl as sweet and sensitive as Sam?
'What. An. Arse.' I breathed trough my teeth. 'Why would he do that?'
Harry shrugged. 'I don't know, I wouldn't do that to a girl that hot.' My head snapped up at his words. 'Hot?' I asked. Harry shrugged again, 'well yeah, didn't you see her Lou? She is incredibly fit. You could have warned us you know. From the way you described her we expected a shy, ugly, little girl. But dang, She's hot.'
I hadn't thought about her as hot before, the word seemed a disgrace. She wasn't hot, she was beautiful, stunning. Not hot. I explained this to the boys and they all started grinning like idiots.
'What?' I asked annoyed.
The boys looked at each other, wondering what to tell me. Eventually Zayn spoke up. 'No wonder Hanna is worried. You're head over heels for her, Lou. You're in love, and you don't even know it.'