*Capitolo Cinquentadue

***
KACHINO

I put down my flute but my eyes still fixed on Cray when I felt Xiangli leaned closer to me and whispered, “It looks like you've gotten closer to the North, huh.”

“A little” I answered back, my sole focus still on Cray.

Lalong lumawak ang pagkakangisi ko ng makitang lalong nagliyab ang mga mata ng huli at pagkaraa’y tuluyan na itong nagpalamon sa dilim.

‘Hmm, it seems I done something that anger him again.’ With that thought, I can’t help but chuckle silently and then turn my attention back to Xiangli.

“It’s time.” Ako at the same time the door leading to the heart of the castle opened.
Immediately, the music halt and everyone stopped what they were doing at napatingin dito. The most dreaded part of this event has finally come.

From all of us, unang kumilos si Cairo. Lahat ng mata nakatuon dito. With such confident stride, tinungo nito ang pinto. Ngunit bago ito tuluyang makapasok, one of the Vultures emerge from the darkness making the former stopped on his track.

My lips curled upward when I smell the fear coming out from my colleagues nang makita nila ang Vulture.

‘Seems the Vultures no longer suppressing themselves, huh.’ My evil mind said.

I watched Cairo calmly pulled out his black invitation from his pocket at pinakita ito sa Vulture at pagkatapos tuluy-tuloy na itong pumasok.

The black invitation he showed is another invitation given only to the powerful Houses in Zyralkire.

Ilang saglit pa ay sumunod na rin ang iba.

“Time to go.” Wika ko kay Xiangli.

“Hmm, I was hoping this won’t come.” Kunwaring nalulumong balik nito but knowing the man it might be the opposite.
Pagkasabi’y tumungo na kami.

I didn’t bother presenting mine basta tuluy-tuloy lang kami ng humarang sa daraan namin si Lathan.

“He’s not allowed.” Malamig na wika nito habang nakatingin sa kasama ko.

Xiangli was about to say something but I gesture him to stopped. Instead, I fished out my invitation from my small black purse together with a pen and cross out my name and changed it into Xiangli bago binigay ito kay Lathan.

“Tss, are you kidding me?” Lathan said darkly. A threatening aura expelling from his body.

Lumapit ako dito, not bothered one bit to the dark aura coming out from him, and leaned closer to him “C’mon, Lathan.” Saad ko while fixing the collar of his tuxedo, “He’s harmless.” Pagkukumbinsi ko pa.

“Tsk, everyone who’s with or lurking around you is nothing but harmless, Ryker.” Balik nito tsaka tinanggal nito ang kamay ko na nakapatong sa dibdib nito.

Marahan akong natawa, “Well, can’t argue about that.” And then I stepped back.

After doing this, Xiangli immediately snaked his arm around my waist tugging me possessively towards him, “Move, Vulture or else…” seryosong usal ni Xiangli in a language that only the member and a few powerful warriors of royal Famiglia can understand. And there’s a promise of death on it.

Tila natigilan naman si Lathan. At bago pa ito makahuma, Xiangli immediately tugged me inside.

“Such irritating pests.” Iritang usal ni Xiangli nang tuluyang makapasok na kami.

“I wouldn’t underestimate them, if I were you.” Ako

“They’re just Vanguards.” Balewalang sagot naman nito.