I Beleive

I believe that freedom should be earned, Like money should be earned from work or good behavior. My family always took me as a troublemaker, And they never let me do the things my 11 year old cousin could. They limited my freedom even when I was trusted.

I used to think I had no freedom, I wanted to be free and without a care, So being a girl as dumb and childish as me I decided to run away. I planned to escape the freedom deprived house of mine without any circumstances or people to stop me from doing what I decided. I decided that the day I would escape would be on the last day of my 8th grade year. The night before, I couldn't sleep so I double checked my baggage, And I carefully packed a bottle of water and a flashlight.

The next day, I woke up and got ready for my big day. I got my backpack and headed to school. In all my classes the teachers were bothering me for being distracted. They looked as if they were angry and disappointed with me for looking at the time over and over again. The last class of the day came closer and closer by each second, But I got tired of waiting and waiting for the time to tick past. So I tried to occupy myself with little things, Such as playing Uno, monopoly, and even sleeping.

The bell rang, and I was excited yet oddly frightened. My Boyfriend invited me to his house and I accepted the offer. At his house, we played around and had fun. His sister and brother were so cute and adorable. The little boy had cute cheeks that I couldn't resist not playing with him, And his sister was so adorable with her attitude and nice hair. We all had fun with each other.

After a while, His sister and brother left and me, And my boyfriend got bored so we both went to the skate park with a friend of his. While they played around and used their bikes, I sat by a tree drinking an energy drink and laughing at them. I got up and started to walk around the skate park. Then out of nowhere, My boyfriend grabs me and starts to carry me. I tried to get away, but he was too strong for me.

We laughed and laughed until we saw my brothers wife. As soon as I saw her, I knew I had to run. When she spotted me, She got into her truck and followed me. At the Avenal library, I tricked her into thinking I had ran through an alley when I was hiding behind a small conveniently placed wall.

After that, I ran to my boyfriend and gave him a hug. He Kept telling me to go home and forget about running away, but he didn't know that I was doing this for freedom and equality in my family. I didn't want to be related to a family that judges me by my behavior, I wanted to be judged on my courage, bravery, and personality. After I said my farewells to my boyfriend and his friend, I ran to my friends house.

Half-way to her house, I fell down and twisted my ankle, But this didn't stop me, I still ran to her house. When I got there, To my surprise, I saw my best friend and another one of our friends. They let me in and asked why I was at her house. I told them everything, And my best friend let me use her phone to text my boyfriend so he could know I am okay. After a while, they realized I was hungry so they gave me some chicken nuggets with ketchup on the side. They also offered me a water bottle and I chugged it down immediately. After I started telling them about what was going on and why i was doing this they let me stay and invited me to a friends party.

We waited at her house for her grandma to take us to the party, When out of nowhere someone rings the doorbell. Three police walk in and I was caught. My friend said sorry, But not because i was caught but because my boyfriend told them where I was. As I walked out the house, My eye catches my mom with a scared, sad, and worried expression. My brother and his wife looked very angry and disappointed. My friend from across the street looked relieved to see me. I was scared because the police had to escort me back home, But all these events helped me realize that I don't need to run away to get freedom.