Chapter III

“Not from around here, are you~?”

        The sudden voice made Lynas jump, the Norse demigod whipping around and taking out his dagger, like how he had with North. What is up with people and them sneaking up behind him?! Now that he looked, there was a silhouette in the lush green brush that emerged into the open. It was a girl; the first thing he noticed were her round eyes, which were the color of moonlit frost. The girl had long black hair that reached to her lower back and pale skin that was tinted gray. Her clothes looked a lot like the mix of a dress and a blanket; it too was a gray color, yet it had a blueish gray trim, and a small black pouch was attached to it at the waist. The stranger's face held a smug and proud look, clearly waiting for a response from her question.
       "No... I'm not." Lynas growled her answer, yet the girl did not stop smiling.
       "It's very clear you aren't; who wears a cloak in this weather?" The girl chuckled, Lynas now noticing the very small accent in her voice.
       "Why ask the question when it’s obvious?" Lynas huffed, the grip on his dagger tightening. The girl began to circle him, Lynas following her each and every move through aggressive red eyes, being sure to keep his front to her. He didn't like this one bit.
       "What a temper! So high and mighty for a foreigner! Mind telling where you came from and why you're here?" The girl commented, furrowing her brow to the Norse demigod.
       "That's my business!" Lynas snapped, his red glare staying on the Greek girl.
       "Calm down! What's the worse I can do?" She stopped and held out her arms. "Im unarmed." Lynas studied her figure. The gray cloth seemed to hug her body in a way that showed her figure perfectly. There was really no place she could hide a weapon, and there was no indication of anything under her clothes. The pouch seemed to small to hold a weapon as well. He hesitantly dropped his defensiveness and lowered his dagger. The girl just must've been very cocky.
       "Very well." He huffed. The girl still didn't lose her smug look.

      “Now. Let's start with introductions. New people go first.” She gestured to Lynas as she spoke. The Norsemen flashed a frown to the woman.

        “Uh, I grew up more with the term ‘ladies first’.” Lynas replied, crossing his arms over his chest.

        “Nooo, I insist!” The girl persisted, clearly stubborn like him. Lynas liked her already.

        “Ah, but a lovely lady such as yourself should surely go first.” Lynas responded smoothly, giving off a small smirk as he noticed a faint pink lighting the girl’s cheeks.

        “L-liar,” she stammered, clearly being flustered by his statement, “Go on and j-just say your name and where you’re from! It won’t kill you!”

        “I still would prefer it if you go first.” Lynas responded as his smirk grew wider. He knew he won when the girl crossed her arms over her chest and huffed.

        “Fine. My name is Charna. I am the daughter of Hades; the Greek god of the Underworld” She introduced herself, giving off no enthusiasm or pride at all in the mention of her father. So she was a demigod as well.

        “Was that so hard~?” Lynas teased with a large grin on his face.

        “Clearly it was hard for you!” Charna retorted playfully, pausing for a quick second before defiantly poking her tongue out at him, much like a toddler would do. Lynas jokingly rolled his eyes in response.

        “Lynas; son of Loki, Norse god of Mischief and Trickery~!” Lynas now introduced himself, over exaggerating a bow as Charna gave a small giggle to his actions.

        “Norse, huh? What’s a Norse demigod doing all the way down here in Greece?” Charna inquired. Though Lynas knew it was simply out of curiosity, his smirk wavered slightly, being reminded of what had happened back in Asgard.

        “It’s… personal.” Lynas simply responded.

        “Understandable.” Charna simply replied, as if understanding and seeing what had happened to him as well. Lynas gave a small nod and sigh.

        “But… I will tell you in a way it could be a sibling rivalry thing.”

        “Sounds exciting,” Charna chirped, trying to lighten the mood a bit, “Unfortunately for me, I am an only child.”

        “Well, mine are half-siblings,” Lynas explained, “I only really know two; Fenrir is my half-brother and… eugh, Hel is my half-sister.” Lynas resisted the urge to cringe at the mention his sister. “Anyhow, do you have any good tips on proving yourself?” Charna fell quiet for a minute before beginning to speak up.

        “Top rule: Don’t do anything stupid. Try something heroic and memorable if you can. Another important thing; don’t die.” Charna explained, Lynas half listening and half in his thoughts. He liked Charna a lot. She was...well… different! Like him! She seemed like she could hold her own and she clearly knew her stuff!

        “Thanks,” Lynas replied when Charna finished, “So then, care to show me around?”

        “Oh, there’s nothing to see around here other than the Underworld and Mount Olympus!” Charna replied, yet she sounded a little hasty.

        “What’s Mount Olympus?”

        “It’s where most of the gods in Greece live. It’s on the tallest mountain here. I would NOT suggest we go there.” Charna explained, adding the last part hastily.

        “Why not?” Lynas questioned, sounding slightly disappointed about the last part.

        “It’s restricted for Greek gods and their half blood children only. I may be fine there, but Zeus would have your head. So unless you want to die before performing your ‘heroic feat’, I believe going there is a bad idea.” Charna finished, sounding almost like a lecturing mother. Man, he really needed her around. At least until he proved himself to the Norse.

        “You clearly know more about things than I do-”

        “Because I’m Greek.”

        “Don’t interrupt. I want you to come along with me, at least for a bit. Someone like you would be great for this whole proving thing.” Lynas pitched, a surprised look appearing on Charna’s face before a large smile broke through.

        “I would be more than happy to!” Charna exclaimed, obviously in approval to the proposal.

        “Great to know I got ya with me.” The Norse demigod chuckled with his same-old grin.

        “I believe men should lead the way?” She slightly interjected, Lynas giving an exaggerated sigh.

        “Alright, alright.” He smirked, beginning to trek deeper into the Greek forests, his newly found companion following close.