Peter Pan by @RyderLocke

"B-but, sir, I did as you ask. Please, don't take it out on the crew, they didn't--"

A shotgun blast blew a hole through the ships hull next to Smee. Captain Hook emerged from the shadows, slamming a fist against the wall next to Smee's head.

"You were told to capture Pan, Smee. Not tell me where he is and say you couldn't," Hook snarled.

"I-I understand, sir, but I--"

"QUIET!" Hook bellowed, blasting a second hole next to Smee. Hook raised his amputated hand, revealing a small shotgun attachment connected to it, "The next time I tell you to do something, you'll do it. Are we understood?"

"Y-yes."

"YES WHAT, SMEE?!"

"Yes, Captain!"

Hook glared at Smee for a moment before smiling a wide, golden-toothed smile and backing away, "I'm happy to hear it." The shotgun attachment on Hook's left hand folded back inside in a series of mechanical whirs and clanks, and a hook ejected from where the shotgun once was, "Now burn this place."

Captain Hook strolled up to the ship's deck and onto the docks, and Smee bowed as he passed, scrambling to reach the lighter in his pocket shortly after. The fuse between his feet would take about a minute to burn and led to a stack of barrels filled with gunpowder at the center of the ship. Tied to the ship's supports with their hands bound behind them were the crew members that he'd grown to call his friends.

He kneeled down and held the lighter up to the fuse.

"Smee," one of the crew members said. Smee looked up to see a face full of disappointment and betrayal instead of the rage he was expecting, "You're a coward."

Smee looked down at the fuse and hesitated, the lighter only inches from its end.

"I'm so sorry," he whimpered, lighting the fuse and running up to the ship's deck. He shut his eyes and ran as fast as he could onto the dock and away from the ship.

"You're a coward, Smee!" the crew shouted from below deck, "A bloody coward! You'll never be anything more than Hook's--"

A series of explosions rocked the docks and the shockwave sent Smee tumbling to the ground. He covered his head as wood fell from the sky and crashed around him. After the thunks of falling bits of the ship stopped, the sound of boots on the street caught his attention and he looked up to see his Captain looking down at him. The two remained silent, not saying a word to one another or moving until Hook eventually lowered a hand down to Smee.

"You did good, Smee. Now come. We have work to do."

Smee took his hand and Hook hoisted him up off the ground, patting him on the back.

No matter how much praise he received, no matter how much gold he would pocket, no matter how many times he tasted victory at the side of his Captain, he would never forget the cries of his crew.

You're a coward, Smee. A bloody coward.

A few weeks later.

Such a beautiful dinner. Beautiful music, beautiful food, and a beautiful waitress, to boot. Of all the places he liked to eat, this was his favorite.

It's just too bad he made a move on a waitress who was taken.

The brute tossed Peter out onto the street, throwing his half-finished milkshake at him as he crashed onto the cement.

"And stay out!" the man shouted, slamming the diner's doors.

I don't own any pictures all of it goes to their rightful owner.