Chapter 10

"Alright, we'll start with checking your heart and lungs." I nodded as Alex unraveled a stethoscope from his neck, Ethan leaned against a cabinet watching. "It may be cold," Alex warned, and he stuck it on my chest. I sat there, silent as he checked. Once in a while, he would say "breath in," or "breath out," And after a while, Ethan came up.

"Al, what is it?"

"Nothing terrible, I just wanted to make sure..." he hesitated.

"Sure of what?" I asked, my eyes wide in worry.

"It's nothing too bad Evan, um, do you have any sort of brain illnesses, developing illnesses?" He asked, holding a clipboard and a pen.

"Um, I had Post Traumatic Stress Disorder..." I said quietly.

"Okay, and...that's it?" I nodded. "Well, listen, Evan, I know you're scared but you really need to calm down, it's dangerous,"

"Calm down?" I yelled. "How do I Calm down?"

"Hey, come on, let's go outside, get some fresh air."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

We did. Once we were outside and sitting down on a bench, Alex started talking to me. "So, what's your favorite subject in school?" It was obvious what he was doing, but I played along with it.

"Language arts," I said, sighing.

"Really? I loved language arts, it was my favorite too! I was always wanting to get to that class, um, you're in seventh grade right?" He asked. I nodded.

"So how's that going?" Alex asked, now trying to rub my back. I let it happen and shrugged.

"And you're...thirteen?"

"Twelve," I corrected.

After a long silence, Alex spoke again. "Evan if there's anything I can do to make you less scared, tell me, I don't want to have someone that I care about-scared." I just stayed silent. "And your mom would probably like if you tell me too,"

"My mom?" I asked. Then I jumped up. "My mom is a traitor! She went down to Florida so I could be with my worst fear while she wasn't even here to help me!"

"Evan she did that for a reason,"

"Why?" I said, crying. "Because she wanted me to freak out and embarrassed myself? Because-"

"Because she didn't want you to be scared," Alex said, grabbing my hands. "She told me you didn't like doctors that much and she thought I could help with that, now come on, let's go back inside."

I reluctantly followed.

------------------------------

"Now Evan this just squeezes your arm," Alex said, holding up a thick band. We had done ears, eyes, mouth, and temperature and I was pretty sure this was the last thing. I nodded as Alex wrapped it around my arm. Ethan had to go take care of other patients so it was just me and Alex in the room, and I was still terrified. After he did that he took it off. "Evan, I need you to calm down okay, I have to go talk to Ethan I'll be right back I promise, but just calm down you're almost done."

"Almost?" I asked quietly, but Alex was already out the door. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi!!!!! So I just wanted to say a thank you to HibariKyoka who is an amazing human being!!! I know her outside of Wattpad and she followed me and like I said, I will shout out to anyone who follows, so everyone check out Hibari's profile her story is amazing and you should definitely check it out and follow her.

This is also a reminder of the follow-back thing like I said, Hibari followed me and now she gets 

1) a shout out, as seen above

2) followed by me, which is already done

3) A short story dedicated to her, which I will do.

HibariKyoka, if you want your story to be of any specific genre or have any specific character names or traits for your story let me know, and as I said before, everyone should go follow her because she is an amazing person and writer!

Farewell!

-Demon