| prologue |

she wouldn't care if the devil
fell in love with her, as long as
he'd love her the same he loves hell

she wouldn't care if the devil fell in love with her, as long as he'd love her the same he loves hell

there was a time when sunlight bathed the surface of this planet. rays touching everything at one time or another, boundless, almost endless energy travelling even to the smallest regions of this fragile earth. what a rich and contrasting world everyone had lived in. mother nature had strength then, the progression of life seemed unstoppable.

but those days were soon forgotten as a king and queen stood up to the throne. twenty years after belle and beast married and became king and queen, they established the united states of auradon, creating a prosperous new nation from the surrounding kingdoms where everyone lived in peace.

and all the darkness was pushed to one place, the isle of the lost. it was an island that was a prison for the villains and their children. it was a slum surrounded by a barrier where magic was suspended, and the only way off the island was from the bridge that connected the island with auradon, a bridge that could only be called upon by the gatekeeper.

for years now, the people of the lost live as rotten as they could with a group of teenagers, who took over the island for themselves, sending fear into those around them.

carlos,
son of cruella de vil.

jay,
son of jafar.

evie,
daughter of the evil queen.

and, of course, mal,
daughter of maleficent along with her younger sister, the evilest out of them all.

athena

with an evil smirk and a stone-cold glare,
she could send even the toughest into a panic attack at the mere sight of her.

but that was what the people of isle thought. in reality, athena was as innocent as a kitten. she never dared to disobey anyone, always listening to everything her mum and sister said cause they knew best — at least that's what they always told her.

athena was the only one on the island that could perform magic for she was the strongest one. the barrier could suspend the powers of maleficent, but not her daughter's and she couldn't be prouder with her daughters.

when the four were invited to auradon prep school, athena couldn't be happier as she knew that her sister and her friends would finally be able to release them from their miseries.

but what happens after?

how does athena react to the news of her sister being the next queen of auradon, who just so happened to defeat their mother and transform her into a lizard?

well, let's find out!