Chapter 16. Mate? (Edited)

"Get up."

"Noooo!" She whined.

"We have to help the Graystone Pack move."

"I want sleep!"

"If you don't get up right now, I will burn all of your clothes." I threatened.

"But I don't wanna get up." Willow whined.

"We'll maybe if you didn't stay up to watch All of the Avengers movies then you wouldn't be tired."

"It's not my fault Chris Hemsworth is hot!" She whined as she shoved her head into her pillow.

"Get up!" I said.

"Fine!" She shoved the covers off of her and stood up. "I'll be ready in five minutes." I smiled triumphantly as I walked out of the room. I see Liam standing in the hallway.

"Nothing!" I said. He shook his head. We have been keeping a close eye on Ruben but he doesn't use any of his powers. Is it possible that we might have the wrong guy?

"If he has powers he's keeping them hidden. He just doesn't give off the same aura as you and Willow."

"We'll just-" That's when I smell it. It smelled so good. It smelled like Japanese cherry blossoms, honey, and chocolate. Kaden was alive in my brain as he started pacing and jumping around.

"Zek, what's wrong?"

"Do you smell that?" He sniffed the air.

"I don't smell anything?"

"It smells so good. How can you not smell that?" A knowing smile came across his face. "It's your mate." The sweet smell soon disappeared as quickly as it came.

"Find my mate, go find her." Kaden screamed in my head.

"Zek, Liam, Ryan, come quickly to the Alpha's office. We have a situation." Lukas linked.

"Yes, Alpha." We choursed. I sighed as I had to push my mate to the side for now as I headed towards Alpha Zane's office. Suddenly the smell got stronger. I opened the door to see a girl sitting in one of the chairs. She was beat up and she looked tired and malnourished, she looked as if she was going to break at any minute. Kaden growled at the thought of some hurting what was his. He was going to kill whoever did this to her.

"Who is she?" Ryan asked.

"We don't know. We found her at the pack borders with a note attached to her. They said that they were finished with their test and are ready to attack. She reeks of human." Alpha Zane said.

"We tried to get her to talk but she wouldn't say anything." Lukas said. As soon as our eyes locked it felt like the world stopped, nothing else mattered but me and her.

"Mate." She whispered.

"Mine." I growled lowly. Ryan looked at her confused before he looked at me.

"She's your mate?"She passed out and I caught her before she fell. Tingles spread to my arms as I held her close. I could hold her all day. She started coughing up blood.

"Someone get the pack doctor!" Lukas shouted. Liam nodded and ran off as I held her. Kaden howled in pain and anger knowing that there's nothing we could do to help her.

We moved her to a room and that's when the pack doctor arrived with equipment.

"I'm going to have to ask you all to leave while-" A growl rippled through my body.

"I'm not leaving my mate alone."

"It's okay. I'll take good care of her." She said. I wanted to protest more but Lukas put his hand on my shoulder.