Chapter 26: Judgement Day

Benjamin's POV:

"Can you pweeease come back and stay with grandma, Uncle Enji?" Gianni begged.

"I can't do that, mama. I have my own place now." I told her.

Bishop was still going the through the motions, so Gianni had been over my mom's house a lot more often. After my meeting at the club this morning, I decided to come over and make breakfast for her and spend some quality time. I also had been meaning to talk to my mama about what transpired when Rebel was here. Rebel wasn't willing to tell me what was said for whatever reason, so I knew I'd have to dig and get the answers myself.

"Well can I come sta—"

"We talked about this already, baby girl. I'll let you know when you can come stay the night."

"You ALWAYS say that! I just want to go home! I want my daddy!" She pouted.

Before I could say anything back, she took off running to her play room. I could hear my mom in there consoling her while she cried. I knew it would lead her right in here to me, just for her to ask my questions that I didn't want to answer. Things had been okay since I cut ties with Kenye, but I still wanted to keep Gianni safe and out of harms way.

"What's this about her not being able to come to your house?" My mama asked as she walked into the living room.

"What did you say to Rebel when she was over here?" I said changing the subject.

She chuckled to herself as a smirk formed across her face.

"So, she told you?"

"No, which is why I'm asking you. What did you say to her?"

My mama stared at me briefly before going and taking a seat on the couch directly across from me. Crossing her hands in her lap, she sighed.

"How'd you meet her?" She asked.

I laughed, thinking back to our very first encounter. It's funny seeing where we are now.

"I met her at City Park, beginning of this summer. I could not stand her ass at first... As you can see, that all changed."

She scoffed. "And her parents, they're okay with you dating her?"

Her tone was becoming more aggressive. I think it was safe to say she wasn't a fan of Rebel, but I'm not understanding why.

"I haven't met them, if you must know... Why are you interrogating me? What's the problem? Because it sounds like you don't like her." I acknowledged.

"Because I don't."

"What?" I said with furrowed eyebrows. "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HER!"

"AND YOU DO? She has your nose wide open! She's not the one for you, Benjamin. She's just gonna get close to you, use you and abuse you until she sucks you dry of all the love you have to offer. She's gonna break your heart, baby!"

I stood up with squinted eyes and looked at her with disbelief. It became real clear where she was getting at.

"You think I'm you." I chuckled harshly. "Yeah, Bishop told me the story. I'm gonna say this one time and I pray to God you hear me. I am NOTHING like YOU. And I am NOTHING like the nigga yo u married and made my father. STOP trying to make your past problems MINE!"

As she wiped her tears, she shook her head with disappointment.

"So what did you say, hm? You did something to make her leave the other day, what did you do?"

"Oh no, you don't need me to tell you! Ask her what I said! Big shot, huh? You got all the answers, you know so damn much! I'm just trying to protect yo—"