PROLOGUE

"Let's make sure everyone's here before we start," said Japan, looking around the meeting room at his fellow countries.

"I'm here!" America exclaimed. "And that's all that matters because I'm the hero!!"

"Okay... I'll call out everyone's names. Germany-san?" he called.

"Ja, I'm right here."

"Italy-kun?"

"Si!"

He continued down the list until he got to England and read his name off. When no one responded, he looked up from his list to see everyone glancing around in confusion.

"Where's England...? He's not usually late," France wondered aloud.

"Vell, let's just finish zhe list and vait a minute or two for him to show up," suggested Germany.

"Okay, Russia?"

"Da."

"China?"

"Shi!"

After calling out everyone's names (except Canada, who sat on the very edge of the table where no one noticed him), England still hadn't arrived.

"We don't really have time to wait for him, we have to start the meeting," commented Spain.

"Hai, I agree. Who was conducting this meeting, was it Germany?" Japan asked.

"No, it was England," said Russia. Everyone looked around awkwardly, wondering what to do.

"I guess I can-"

"Haha, I knew all you guys wanted me to be in charge of the meeting! No need to ask, I'll do it!" America interrupted, leaning back in his chair with his hands behind his head.

"No one said-"

"No need, I'm here."

They all turned in surprise to see someone walk through the doorway. He wasn't anyone they had ever seen before; he was relatively short with yellow-blond hair and blue eyes topped by several layers of eyebrows. The mystery man stood with authority and wasn't at all phased by every country's stare.

"Who are you...?" questioned Japan.

"I'm the Holy British Empire, of course."