Finale

I woke up on what I assumed to be the next day in a horribly bright room. Contrary to what I would have expected, my surroundings were pristine. This was largely due to the relative emptiness of the space, although an unmistakably lemony cleaning solution permeated the room, it remained vacant save for a maroon blanket upon which I awoke and a single, floor length mirror directly across from me. 

My first instinct was to stand but I found that an impossible feat, my legs stayed uselessly folded together as I struggled with everything I had to rise. But not only did my body not respond to my efforts my own reflection was lying to me. I saw myself in that mirror, and within it I was not standing nor placed in the horrible sitting position I believed my self to be in, but I lay flat on my back, with a spear protruding from my gut. 

A sudden acceptance overcame me, I trusted my eyes, and so I gave up my fruitless struggle, and lay down to match my reflection. It was not until my head reached the ground that I noticed the digital stopwatch on the ceiling. 

3 YEARS 8 MONTHS 18 DAYS. 

And then I stopped breathing.

author's note: I've been like.... super busy with school, but thanks for sticking around!