Passing Strangers

"Love at first sight is easy to understand; it's when two people have been looking at each other far a lifetime that it becomes a miracle." - Sam Levenson

-------------------------------------

The once empty halls were now packed full of passing students, some going to their next class while other took a moment to talk to their friends. Tulip without hesitation linked arms with Marigold and began their journey down the hall.

"I forgot to ask but whats your next class?" Tulips voice could barely be heard over the chatter that consumer the hall.

"I have chemistry with Mr. Fryer" once again the chatter of the surrounding students drowned out all other noise but Tulip nodded her head as if she heard Marigold clearly.

"Unfortunately I don't have Fryer. Well more like unfortunately for you because I would rather die then have that dick as a teacher. Like he's a total ass, he acts like he's twenty when really he is in his late forties. He's so stuck up. He basically acts like he knows everything and I get that he's a teacher and shit but that doesn't give him the right to be suck a fucking dick to people." Tulip laughed while Marigolds faced twisted in disgust at the idea of having this man as her teacher.

As they continued down the hall Marigold did what she did best, she people watched. She watched as the tall god and goddess like students passed her. All having similar body types and skin tones; sun kissed olive tans with a tall frame to match. Unlike her they all appeared as if they walked right off of the runway. Each and every single person made eye contact with Marigold as they passed her; their eyes holding curiosity towards the new stranger in their town. In their eyes she was different and in a way she didn't belong but no one openly said anything out of fear of scaring her away. To them she was out of place, a stranger entering their hometown without notice but oddly enough they accepted it. Each person who made eye contact with Marigold felt a pull towards her, a pull they couldn't explain but they knew they didn't want to scare the frail looking stranger.

Out of the corner of Marigolds eye she caught sight of a tall dark haired figure dressed similarly to Tulip. Dressing from head to toe in all black; his jeans faded and distressed looked well loved rather than old while his black graphic band t-shirt appeared brand new, the band itself unknown to Marigold. However she didn't get the chance to see properly see his face but she believed that he would have been breathtakingly handsome. Before she knew it she was standing out of her next class with Tulip still attached at her hip, her smile even brighter than before. It was as if she took pride in being seen with Marigold.

"I'll see you at lunch, okay." Tulip stated, leaving no room for argument. She was determined to make Marigold her friend whether Marigold liked it or not. Tulip was done being alone and saw a golden opportunity to make a friend out of sweet little Marigold.

A soft smile spread across Marigolds face as she nodded her head, silently agreeing with Tulip. She watched as Tulip turned around and walked off down the hair towards her own class with a smile still on her face. Once completely out of sight Marigold relentlessly entered the class. At the front of the class stood a bald man dressed identically like Marigold expect that his clothes looked new and he wore looked like patented leather loafers. Tulip was being honest when she said that Mr. Fryer dressed like he was in his twenties but you could physically see the wrinkles the dug deep into his forehead and eyes. Without even looking at Marigold he swiftly told her that her seat was in the back towards the right side of the class.

She silently took her seat without making looking at the other student. As the other seats in the class slowly began to fill themselves Marigold put her head down on the table. The scraping of the seat next her being pulling out caused her to briefly look up towards the cause of all the ruckus only to meet a pair of dark stormy eyes. The owner of the storm like eyes was non other than the dark haired figure from the hallway.

The new stranger never broke eye contact as he sat down. It wasn't until Mr. Fryer began his lesson did he relentlessly look away. For some unknown reason Marigold was enchanted by the stranger next to her and yet she didn't know his name.

It was as if he read her mind because at that very moment he leaned over and whispered in her eye. "My name is Evan. It's nice to meet you sweetheart." As the words left his mouth Marigold could practically hear the smile in voice as his lips brush her ear with every word he spoke. "Are you going to tell me your name or while I have to work for it sweetheart?" The roughness of his voice dipped with seduction rapped itself around her lungs, preventing her from responding to dark haired figure names Evan.

Evan took her lack of response or reaction towards him as a sign of disrespect; this slowly stirred the beast within awake. But he knew better then to act on it. He knew that the beautiful creature seated next to him didn't belong to his world, not yet at least, because of this he had to treat her with care. But how he wish she would look at him or at the very least spoke to him. Both him and his beast craved to hear her voice, to know if it was rough or sweet like honey. He craved to reach over and touch her, to gently nibble on her ear but he forced his desires down and once again attempted to get the beauty to speak to him.

"Sweetheart, are you really not going to tell me your name?" But once again she said nothing. Frustrated Evan slammed his fist on the desk causing the beauty next him to tense up and the rest of the class to look at him. His classmates open stares angered his beast. He released a low throaty growl; all at once the other students blowed their heads in submission and turned away but the small frail beauty only tensed up more and appeared as if she wanted to cry. Before Evan could utter a word the bell rung and the beauty was gone.

Evan stayed seated as he watched the one being he loved the most in the world run off without even telling him her name. He knew they were mates but more than that from the moment he set eyes on her he knew it was love at first sight.

Marigold mindlessly ran out the door simply trying to get away from the god names Evan. For some reason he make her feel things she has never felt before and it scared her to death. She felt a tugging in her chest when he called her sweetheart. She felt her body react to the animalistic growl that came from him.

------------------------------------------

Authors Note: Kinda shitty but two for two in one day, that the most I've ever written in a long time. I hope you guys like it. Please tell me what you think of this newer version of Stalked by the  wolf.