XXIII: Alcohol

| Harriet Hook will be portrayed by Alexandra Daddario |

By the time we arrived in front of 'Tiana's Palace', Will and I were both covered in frilly steamers, colorful confettis and a bunch of bead necklaces.

"Oh, Willy!"

I jumped when the glass doors opened up for a woman with dark skin in a long teal gown that made me feel a little too insecure about myself.

Gosh, she's gorgeous.

She ran up to hug Will followed by a tall gentleman in a white suit. "My handsome little boy has turned into a man!"

"Not as handsome as me, though."

"Uncle Naveen!"

I couldn't help but giggle at their reactions upon seeing each other again.

The woman who I recognized as Tiana was the first to notice me standing behind Will. "Mais, cher! He brought a girl!"

I smiled at the couple and lowered my head. "You must be Queen Tiana and King Naveen of Maldonia. It's really an honor to meet you."

"Oh hush, dear. No need to be so stiff. If you're Willy's girl, then you're family too."

"Ashindanza! You done good, Willy. She's a catch."

Will gave me an apologetic look as he scratched the back of his head. "Unfortunately, she's not my catch, uncle. Peyton's just a friend."

"Now wait a second- Peyton? As in Peter Pan's kid?" Naveen asked.

I blinked up at him. "You know my dad?"

"Why of course, o'cher. I met your pop's when he paid Mama Odie a visit a few years back. Nice man, very eccentric."

That sure sounds like my dad, but what could he possibly want with someone from New Orleans?

"Isn't that just the bee's knees? It seems that we're all well acquainted already." Tiana beamed. "Why don't we all get inside then? I bet Louis is already playing."

We all entered the grand restaurant where everyone was enjoying their meals while listening to the live jazz orchestra that set the up beat atmosphere around the place.

Tiana's Palace was jampacked with people- as expected of the renowned crown jewel of New Orleans, but thanks to Will, we managed to have a seat reserved for us beforehand on the second floor by the balcony.

I thanked Will as he adjusted my seat like a gentleman before sitting on his own chair across from me.

"I hope this is to your liking." He turned to his shoulder and overlooked the beautiful view of the city lights at night. "I know how much you miss your home, so I picked this place specifically because it's the closest one to Neverland."

"Woah, really?"

"Yeah, just a few miles off the coast. You can even see it from here."

I looked up to the night sky and saw how the northern star shines brighter here compared to Auradon City, and directly below it lies the magical country of Neverland.

I remember when I was just a kid, mum always told me stories about our family's adventures. My favorite one was the story of the first ever lost boy.

There was an old legend about the founding member of the Lost Clan who had strayed too far from his home and nearly got himself killed by pirates. It was said that he was saved by a fairy who guided him to follow the north star which brought him to a sanctuary beneath Hangman's Tree. The boy then swore his life to protect the fairy and his kin, and there, he found himself.