Chapter 6.1: Lydia's Game

After splitting up, Aneira and I went our separate ways. Aneira went towards the garden while I went to towards the warehouse. As I walked toward my destination, an eerie and uncomfortable feeling began to gnaw at me. Doubt slowly began to seep into my mind. Was it really the right decision to split up? What if Aneira or I get in trouble? I know she said that if we get in trouble just call over the walkie-talkie. But what if one of us can't make it in time? What if... no, I can't be doubting now. I have to get that golden knife and get out of here. Doubt will not help me get it. Besides, I shouldn't be worrying too much. After all, I'm sure Aneira knows what she's doing. And I'm sure she'll be fine. And I'm sure I'll be fine too considering the fact I haven't seen any monsters around here.

Huh, it's odd. You would think the monsters would be chasing after us. After all, Aneira and I are probably the only ones alive on this island. But they aren't. In fact, we haven't even caught a glimpse of them. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe I should glad we haven't seen them. But, then again, the fact we haven't seen them worries me. It's way too quiet for a place like this. It's the same kind of quiet I saw heard back in New Haven. That was, before stuff hit the fan. Something tells me that history is about the repeat itself again. Just in case, I need to be ready for whenever it comes. My feet approach a nearby door. My eyes scan the orange sticker attached to it.

"Warehouse huh?" This is it. I need to be careful. With a cautious yet steady hand, I open the door before me. My eyes attempt to scan the environment. However, they were stopped dead in their tracks. I gaze upon the scene before me. My body unmoving. My eyes still. My emotions rattled with shock. What on...?

A flock of crows stand on the ground before me. They're sharp becks peck away at the lifeless body. Hoping to avoid alerting them, I do my best to quietly step around them. But with only one step, the crows attention shifts toward me. Immediately, my body freezes in place. They've spotted me! Dang it! I should have known better then to step around them! Man, what have I got myself into! The crows continue to stare at me. Their beady eyes boring into my soul. As they stare, I look into their eyes. They're purple. Wait a minute... purple? How is it possible for these crows to have purple eyes? Unless... their infected! My body springs into action. Without a second thought, I raise my gun at the crows. My finger inches from the trigger. I'm ready you stupid birds. The crows, without warning, begin to fly away. Immediately, my gun goes down. A sigh of relief escapes my mouth. Man, thank goodness they didn't attack! It would have been bad if they decided to come after me.

With the crows out of the way, I walk across the area to a maroon door. With a slight turn of my wrist, I attempt to open the door. But, for some reason, it wouldn't open. What the? It won't open! I try to open the door again, but again it won't budge. Man! Why won't it open! I must get in there and find that knife! Man! Well, since it won't budge, I guess it must be locked. Looks like I'll have to add finding the key to my list. Looks like things aren't going to be as easy as I thought. But maybe it won't be too bad. Maybe I can just find the key and get back here without difficulty. Yeah, maybe it won't be too bad. So, where exactly should I start? Where could the key possibly be? Hmmm. Well, besides this door, there's another one to my right. Maybe if I go in it, I'll find the key! Okay, let's go!

Withoutfurther ado, my body springs into action. I enter through the blue door on myright. My mind eager to get that key. When I enter, a strange chill runsthrough my body like an ocean wave. Its cool current making all my hairs standon edge. In response, a shiver runs down my spine making a flurry of goosebumpsrise from my skin. Dread begins to emerge from the depths of my soul. Its coldeerie fingers only increasing its grasp as I close in on the door in front ofme. When I reach the door, my hand slowly reaches out for the door handle. Myfingers grasp its cold hard frame. With a cautious and slow hand, I open thedoor. Then, without a second to react, an ear shattering scream pierced my earslike a thousand daggers. On instinct, I grab my gun and made my way to theorigin of the sound. However, when I arrived, I was too late. The guy who madethe scream lay dead before me. His body severely wounded with severalscratches. In his hands were a set of keys. Poor guy, I'm sorry I couldn't getto you in time. My fingers take the keys from his hands. With the keys in hand,I walk towards the warehouse. Unaware of what lies in wait before me.